CO: PPP: Obama up double-digits (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:13:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  CO: PPP: Obama up double-digits (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CO: PPP: Obama up double-digits  (Read 11718 times)
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« on: April 10, 2012, 01:02:23 PM »

Obama's up 72-17 among voters under 30. I think we know what way Colorado's going to trend in the future. Tongue

CO is full of young hipster skiing/snowboarding marihuana-smoking, gay-loving people with I-Phones, college education and in professional occupations. Mixed with the Hispanics, Blacks and Asians it's the poster child of an Obama state. And if Bennet won it in 2010, I don't see why Obama shouldn't win it in November. It's probably still going to narrow a bit, but if had had to bet I would bet a good amount on Obama.
It's already turned into a mini California, runned down expensive place to live, full of undocumented people (illegals).  
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 02:06:49 PM »

I think the state GOP in CO sucks or is really weak right now.  I don't know of any strong figures involved in that state and I don't think the guys running for office there have been anything special.  So, I've been thinking that Dems may win state races there, but national races could be different because a strong national candidate transcends a weak state party.  
It's just the state GOP has been really weak starting 2004, and they haven't done much to change that trend around for a while.  Not sure, but they need to get their act together. If they want to keep on losing elections to the DEM, then it's shows them they don't care.

Romney may not write off CO and NV yet, but he can still win without these states.  He would have to focus more on OH, VA and FL to win.  CO is becoming a joke state to be honest for the GOP.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 10:07:42 PM »

I'm going to say this and make it simple, Romney needs to at least 'try' to win this state and not pull a John McCain 2.0. 
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 11:29:59 PM »
« Edited: April 10, 2012, 11:32:16 PM by RockyIce »

Anybody who's doubting that CO is now effectively a blue state is living in 2004. The Republican Party isn't the same party as it was 8, hell, even 4 years ago. CO Republicanism by and large does not mesh well with Alabama Republicanism, which is effectively running the ideology of the Republican Party at this point. Obama's campaign forever changed the landscape in places like CO by registering tens of thousands of Latino voters that will forever be engaged in the political process and will (at least in political terms) forever be aligned against the Republican Party.

In their quest to "find a true conservative", "champion 'true' conservative values" and the like, I don't think many hardline conservatives have taken the time to look back and see how many people they've either thrown off the train or have jumped off voluntarily.
And you have to question how many of those votes are fraud, and most likely the Democrat party wants to court as many illegal votes as possible to keep CO in the blue column for future elections.  I don't buy it one bit, you people make me sick to my stomach. CO is a melting pot for west coast Liberalism and idiots.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies