So what went wrong with Santorum? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:59:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  So what went wrong with Santorum? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So what went wrong with Santorum?  (Read 4204 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: April 10, 2012, 03:34:23 PM »

I think he was right in what he said on these topics but three words did him in: Kennedy, Contraception and College.

Like usual, his comments were taken out of context and that cost him Michigan. If he took Michigan, he would have taken Ohio and we would have had a real ball game, boys. There's no doubt in my mind. But at some point, they would have taken other comments out of context and it could have cost him other states. If it had happened after Michigan, however, the race would have already taken a turn against Romney. He could have still be derailed but this would have lasted a lot longer.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 03:36:40 PM »

Wow. I had my previous comment already typed before seeing what Etch-A-Sketch Voter had to say. We not only had the same reasoning but same order of the wording. Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 03:51:43 PM »

Let me be clear, Ben: I don't mind what he said on those topics. It was refreshing and true. That's obviously a reason why I like Santorum. Sure, I'm tempted to say, "I wish he didn't say it if it meant him going further" but they only would have taken other comments out of context and hurt him sometime down the line. And, of course, I can't be angry with him for taking a principled stand on tough issues when that's what we are all about.

It's weird but the reason why he sunk is the reason why he caught on. It just doesn't help when your words are being spun like crazy and you have to dedicate over a week to address the comments.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies