I am so proud.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:15:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  I am so proud.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I am so proud.  (Read 2332 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2012, 11:37:18 PM »

The campaign was a complete organizational disaster. His people were clueless as far the delegate game is concerned. They were basically like the bizarro Obama '08 campaign in that sense.

But hey, nobody (including he himself) really thought he was going to make it this far so it's kind of understandable.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2012, 03:35:13 AM »

Rick Santorum had a fighting chance at the nomination? When?
Closer to one than any other human being, anyhow.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2012, 04:15:09 AM »

Rick was the only candidate of the race who wasn't a despicable asshole. Of course I would never see myself vote for him, but, most definitely, I can feel the pain of all those who supported him and saw his efforts anihilated by Romney's cash-machine. He didn't win, but he nonetheless manage to give Mittens some stress he deserved, transforming a certain crowning into an actual race for a few month.

So, most definitely, congrats Rick.
Colbert
France

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2012, 04:37:24 AM »

our political system again to see a good man with no money or organization go head to head with a behemoth

obviously, no. Money had win, again.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2012, 09:08:34 AM »

He ran a good campaign, but he won't be the frontrunner in 2016. He may have been if he had been a bit more gracious in his speech, but he wasn't so it appears to me he really isn't interested in running again.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2012, 09:45:46 AM »

He ran a good campaign, but he won't be the frontrunner in 2016. He may have been if he had been a bit more gracious in his speech, but he wasn't so it appears to me he really isn't interested in running again.

He's interested. Aides have admitted that they already discussed 2016 with him. It's too early to tell if he will be a factor. We have a lot of young stars that might - or might not - run. They could also prove to be less than impressive so we really can't handicap the race.
America First
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.29, S: -6.35

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2012, 11:59:56 AM »

Santorum has no chance in 2016.  The puppetmasters have already chosen their puppets and their names are Rubio and Christie.  Rand Paul is the only one who really has a chance of being a strong grassroots competitor.
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2012, 02:05:54 PM »

Though I was not backing him this time, I have some lingering fondness for Santorum, since he was the first person I ever voted for. I disagree with him strongly, but it's clear given the kind of campaign he ran, CNN was right to label him "The Fighter."

Here's hoping he does run in 2016. I think he represents his particular wing of the party better then most other politicians out there.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies