clarence's European Vacation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:23:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  clarence's European Vacation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: clarence's European Vacation  (Read 8485 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 10, 2012, 08:42:06 PM »

Ive posted a bit about my new lady friend...things are going VERY well except she has just now lost her job... but that gives her some more free time!!!

MY wife and I traveled in the years before she passed and it was the greatest time of my life- now my lady friend and I will be travelling as she has not seen much of the world. Her first husband was not a particularly good man and I want her to enjoy herself... she is a beautiful person inside and out

So I am booking the tickets ASAP- we are going to Europe! The plan is to fly in to London most likely and then wander across the continent until we run out of dough...I have to decide a budget for the trip but would like to splurge a bit

Any tips from you Europeans??? And NO- I will NOT be stopping by the Red Light District in Amsterdam!!!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 08:46:11 PM »

Also- Virgin Atlantic or British Airways?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 08:57:36 PM »

Are you more of a Mediterranean person or a Northern European person? That can help decide your path.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 09:04:17 PM »

Clarence, you are adorable.  I'm so happy you're doing so well with your lady friend Smiley and wish her the best on the employment front.  (Think how much of a stud you'll be to her if you help get her gainful employment!)  As far as flights go, use Kayak.

I'm planning on doing something similar this summer with some friends of mine, and we're facing a similar conundrum, although I think it's mostly the north for us.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 09:22:35 PM »

Thank you both- and I am planning to do both... definitely want to take her to London, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich, and Rome
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 09:23:48 PM »

If you're going to be doing a lot of trekking across continental Europe, buying a Eurail pass might be worth it.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 09:37:46 PM »

Have we seen a pic of this woman yet?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 10:14:49 PM »
« Edited: April 10, 2012, 10:16:31 PM by seatown »

Ive posted a bit about my new lady friend...things are going VERY well except she has just now lost her job... but that gives her some more free time!!!

MY wife and I traveled in the years before she passed and it was the greatest time of my life- now my lady friend and I will be travelling as she has not seen much of the world. Her first husband was not a particularly good man and I want her to enjoy herself... she is a beautiful person inside and out

So I am booking the tickets ASAP- we are going to Europe! The plan is to fly in to London most likely and then wander across the continent until we run out of dough...I have to decide a budget for the trip but would like to splurge a bit

Any tips from you Europeans??? And NO- I will NOT be stopping by the Red Light District in Amsterdam!!!
How about Ibiza?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibiza#Nightlife
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 01:31:20 AM »

I obviously have to suggest Scandinavia! Wink

Beyond that certain places in the old East bloc are well worth a visit - such as Budapest or Prague. I suspect you might enjoy Munich as well, very nice city.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 01:57:15 AM »

Clarence, take a look at this:

How much time do you have ?

1 month ? 2 months ?

You could fly to Lisbon and then go to Madrid and visit Julio, then up to Barcelona, Marseille, visit Antonio around Cannes, then go to Switzerland and visit ZuWo in Zurich, then go to Paris, then to the Bretagne and Normandy, then to London/England/Scotland, then back down and to Belgium and Netherlands, then Hamburg and Denmark, up to Göteborg and Oslo, over to Stockholm and visit Gustaf and Swedish Cheese and back down to Berlin and Poland, visit Kalwejt in Warsaw, go to the Auschwitz camp, then to Prague, then to Munich, then come to visit me in Salzburg, over to Vienna and Bratislava, then Budapest, down to the Balaton, Zagreb, Slovenia, Venice, South Tyrol, Milano, Turin, down to the Tuscany and Genova, then Rome, then down to Lower Italy and the Isles and then back up to Rome and fly home.

Wink
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 06:41:39 AM »
« Edited: April 11, 2012, 06:43:27 AM by Assemblyman of the Mideast ZuWo »

If you want to splurge and like high mountains with great views, lakes and international but yet very modestly-sized cities with nice medieval old towns, Switzerland is worth a short trip. Since the distances are very short here you can see a lot within one or two days.

And now is still the time to hide some money from the IRS in a discrete bank!
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2012, 12:38:05 PM »

1 month ? 2 months ?

You could fly to Lisbon and then go to Madrid and visit Julio, then up to Barcelona, Marseille, visit Antonio around Cannes, then go to Switzerland and visit ZuWo in Zurich, then go to Paris, then to the Bretagne and Normandy, then to London/England/Scotland, then back down and to Belgium and Netherlands, then Hamburg and Denmark, up to Göteborg and Oslo, over to Stockholm and visit Gustaf and Swedish Cheese and back down to Berlin and Poland, visit Kalwejt in Warsaw, go to the Auschwitz camp, then to Prague, then to Munich, then come to visit me in Salzburg, over to Vienna and Bratislava, then Budapest, down to the Balaton, Zagreb, Slovenia, Venice, South Tyrol, Milano, Turin, down to the Tuscany and Genova, then Rome, then down to Lower Italy and the Isles and then back up to Rome and fly home.

Wink

Nah, from Rome you fly to a nice resort on some Greek Islands. Then to Vilnius, Riga, Tallinn, and Helsinki. And then fly to Belfast and take a train to Dublin. Then back to the United States. Dream vacation boom.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 12:40:23 PM »

Lol Grin

I love the border of "Atlasians in Europe Zone"

We should create our own state!
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 12:44:22 PM »
« Edited: April 11, 2012, 12:45:58 PM by PhilthyPhezzy »

Thank you both- and I am planning to do both... definitely want to take her to London, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich, and Rome

Fantastic choices. Just as my own input, my top suggestions on top of those places would be Budapest, Salzburg, Barcelona, Oslo, and the Irish countryside. And the red light district is pretty cool regardless of the whores.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2012, 01:20:52 PM »

Thank you all for the tips-

In general I would like to see a bit of Eastern Europe... I know Bratislava is very close to Vienna and that may be an option...the Dalmatian Coast is probably also cheaper then the French or Italian Rivieras so that would be a great option

Even though we will bbe wandering mostly I will still try to come up with a plan similar to Rick Steves advice- I will write the locations we both want to see then create an approximate time based on our budget...for hotels- as long as it is decent quality I don't care if it is 2 star or 5 star but I would prefer as close to city center as possible within my budget... will probably do Premium Economy for the plane tickets- seems like a good middle ground. I care more about what w do during the day over there then how we get there or where we sleep (and maybe more then sleep ;-)) at nighttime
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 01:22:54 PM »

Clarence, take a look at this:

1 month ? 2 months ?

Wink
The "Atlas Board Grand Tour" looks interesting!!!
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 01:24:06 PM »

Is it me or I can see a Lady with strange-lookin' butt, anorexic legs, triangle head and chicken in hand?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 02:04:17 PM »

Is it me or I can see a Lady with strange-lookin' butt, anorexic legs, triangle head and chicken in hand?

It's more like a dildo in her hand, if anything.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 02:05:11 PM »

Dirty!!!
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2012, 05:26:39 PM »

So what about a visit to Ibiza since you don't seem to like the Red light district? It's also warmer there, that could be a reason since you are from Florida.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2012, 05:33:42 PM »

So what about a visit to Ibiza since you don't seem to like the Red light district? It's also warmer there, that could be a reason since you are from Florida.
I looked it up on your recommendation- seems like a very hopping place! Might be a bit too crazy even for me and my lady friend however... I saw videos of "Pacha' on YouTube and I don't know if I can do that!
I would usually go to the Red Light District but would be inappropraite for me to be "window shopping" with my lady there...
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, 05:58:35 PM »

I recommend Spain, obviously.

Madrid, Ávila, Segovia (both of them near Madrid), Sevilla, Granada and Barcelona at least!

If you have time and money, I think the trip Tender proposed is quite good, and complete. My father works as a bus driver for American tourists all over Western Europe. I'll give you the link of the company he works for Wink
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2012, 04:59:30 PM »

Here you have some links. If you can't understand something, PM me Wink

http://almacen.mapaplus.com/web/2012/europa/minicircuitos.html

http://almacen.mapaplus.com/web/2012/europa/grandes-circuitos.html

http://almacen.mapaplus.com/web/2012/europa/europa-estilo.htm
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2012, 05:03:03 PM »

Thank you JulioMadrid!
This is very helpful- my past tours in Europe have often been thru tour companies like thiswhich makes it much easier then trying to maneuver around myself
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2012, 05:05:25 PM »

I'd thoroughly recommend Prague Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to: