Biggest problem with your Senators
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:32:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Biggest problem with your Senators
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Biggest problem with your Senators  (Read 12401 times)
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2005, 06:07:18 PM »

Isn't jfern cute when he tries to debate?  You just want to reach out pinch his little cheeks!
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2005, 06:31:34 PM »

Isn't jfern cute when he tries to debate?  You just want to reach out pinch his little cheeks!

That could actually help.  It might stimulate bloodflow and some of it might get to his brian. 

His problems, as a debater, is that he doesn't read the sources that he quotes or he makes some claim that can be checked out fairly easily.  He posts false information, I get the actual information, usually from the sources he cites, and post it.

His posts are equivalent of wearing a "kick me" sign.  So we do.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2005, 06:51:57 PM »

I live in TX, but I don't care about TX politics. Too dry.

As for LA: Vitter seems like a cookie-cutter Republican, unlike that dazzling genius Bobby Jindal (although both are Rhodes scholars). Damn, LA desperately needed Jindal as governor and not congressman.

Landrieu: A back-benching nobody liberal a la Stabenow. She wins by scaring up the ghetto vote in New Orleans, but she is too lazy and half-assed to even represent merely that constituency.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2005, 07:32:51 PM »

Feinstein is a pretty good senator.  She's intelligent and capable.

Boxer needs a kick.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2005, 07:37:29 PM »

Thad Cochran seems like a pretty nice guy.
Trent Lott is.....well, Trent Lott.
Schmitz in 1972
Liberty
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2005, 07:55:48 PM »

Warner: He didn't keep his marriage vows - he divorced

Allen: As governor he pushed through the Standards of Learning (SOLs) tests for Virginia public schools
Blerpiez
blerpiez

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2005, 09:01:59 PM »

Kennedy - Good voting record.  Don't like how he got elected at first.  Also his work on NCLB.

Kerry - Good voting record also.  Hasn't done enough in twenty years in the senate
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2005, 11:04:53 PM »

Coleman: everything
Dayton: he caves a little too easily
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2005, 11:07:23 PM »

I actually find it sort of interesting that San Diego County voted for Bush and Boxer. Now THAT makes no sense. However, living there for a while, I did get the impression that Californians are happy with a Californian incumbent hanging around.

I've been wondering that myself. How the hell can the same person vote for those two?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2005, 12:26:41 AM »

I actually find it sort of interesting that San Diego County voted for Bush and Boxer. Now THAT makes no sense. However, living there for a while, I did get the impression that Californians are happy with a Californian incumbent hanging around.

I've been wondering that myself. How the hell can the same person vote for those two?

Power of incumbency.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2005, 04:31:07 AM »

Feinstein too conservative

Boxer too moderate
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2005, 12:01:01 AM »

Agreed
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2005, 06:37:43 AM »

Dole and Talent are anti-abortion, anti-gay intolerants beholden to the Religious Right.

I have not been able to discern which of them is worse, or if they're equally bad.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2005, 06:48:58 AM »

Dole and Talent are anti-abortion, anti-gay intolerants beholden to the Religious Right.

I have not been able to discern which of them is worse, or if they're equally bad.
Dole? Don't you mean your old friend Kit Bond?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2005, 03:22:45 PM »

How long have you been in Thailand?  Dole retired from his KANSAS senate seat in '96.

My senators:
Specter was acting very foolish and betraying the party that gave him the GOP nomination.  Now he is the president's lap dog.

Santorum has a great voting record and is a good face for the GOP and PA.  He isn't on very good committees.  Judiciary Chairman would be a nice spot for him.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2005, 03:34:32 PM »

People voted for Bush and Boxer because Boxer's opponent Bill Jones was a terrible candidate.  Most people didn't even know who he was or that he was running.  That isn't a succesful formula.  All the independents who voted Bush then chose to go with the only name they knew in the Senate race.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2005, 03:52:53 PM »

Dole? Don't you mean your old friend Kit Bond?

Hah, I can't believe I did that!  Yeah, Bond.  I guess its the four letter name, and in a way they're similar old cantankerous midwesterners.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2005, 04:12:40 PM »

How long have you been in Thailand?  Dole retired from his KANSAS senate seat in '96.

My senators:
Specter was acting very foolish and betraying the party that gave him the GOP nomination.  Now he is the president's lap dog.

Santorum has a great voting record and is a good face for the GOP and PA.  He isn't on very good committees.  Judiciary Chairman would be a nice spot for him.

Most senators in conference leadership positions serve on weak committees.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2005, 05:13:16 PM »

I dislike Feingolds tendency to rubber stamp bush appointees.
Kohl doesn't do much of anything.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2005, 05:17:21 PM »

So I'm not the only one that thinks that...
Cashcow

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2005, 05:45:59 PM »

They're both North Jersey whores.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2005, 05:22:23 PM »

Specter-He backs down from his beliefs too easily.

Santorum-No comments necessary.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2005, 06:45:05 PM »

I like both Wyden and Smith; I can't think of any real problem off the top of my head.
Kevinstat

« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2005, 10:36:45 PM »

Olympia Snowe: VERY pro-choice (I'm pro-life, and she's against a ban on partial birth abortion I think, or at least has been, although that may have been because she wanted a "life of the mother" exception in the bill); on economic issues, she will sometimes get my hopes up that she will oppose aspects of President Bush's plans to a greater extent than she ends up doing (she proposed a plan to "trigger" Bush's original tax cuts to something (I'm not sure what) that would probably have resulted in a much lower deficit today, although hardly anyone at that time expected something like the 9/11 attacks and the resulting recession or resumption/continuation/deepening thereof to happen); also, her efforts to hide her bulldog-like nature that nearly cost her re-election in 1990 have not fully succeeded as far as I am concerned.

Susan Collins: also VERY pro-choice, too supportive of Bush on the economy, and then there's HER VOICE - most of you have probably heard her on the news, as she is now Chairwoman of the Senate Armed Services Committee; can you imagine haveing had to listen to that voice as even a not-very attentive local news watcher at the frequency one would hear their senator or a candidate for the Senate in a competitive race on the news for almost 9 years?  My parents are fairly consistent news watchers, so I'm surprised our TV screen hasn't broken to pieces. Smiley
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2005, 10:50:00 PM »

Bingaman - WAY too liberal for NM, especially on social issues, but pretends to be a moderate during his re-election campaigns and gets away with it because the local Reps are incompetent.

Domenici - USED to be a strong deficit hawk, but under Bush the Younger he has utterly caved in. Still a better fit for NM than Bingaman is, as he is not as conservative as Bingaman is liberal.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies