Biggest problem with your Senators
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:53:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Biggest problem with your Senators
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Biggest problem with your Senators  (Read 12500 times)
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2005, 11:15:38 PM »

I love Hutchinson, but I think she is Pro Choice.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2005, 11:13:28 PM »

Is she really?  I thought she was one of the most conservative members of the Senate.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2005, 11:23:18 PM »

Just as a sidenote, I love both of my Senators and am very proud of them, but.....

As much as I love Blanche Lincoln, I find her to be too repulsively Conservative.  She voted for the first Bush set of tax cuts, and this makes me ponder why she finds herself to be a Democrat.  She's obviously not a social liberal (although she is pro-choice), a foreign policy liberal, and now, we find her not to be a true economic liberal.  I am just confused about her voting record.
As for Mark Pryor, his campaign really hacked me off.  They called a million times; I almost died.  But other than that, I think he's a pretty competent Senator; he'll have that seat for a while.  I think he might even run for president.
Cashcow

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2005, 11:30:51 PM »

http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Kay_Bailey_Hutchison.htm

No.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2005, 01:15:35 AM »

She believes abortion should be legal in the first two trimesters, though doesn't support partial birth.  That is pro-choice, to me anyway.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2005, 02:24:13 AM »
« Edited: February 15, 2005, 03:32:38 AM by Proud Liberal »

John Warner is reasonably moderate for Virginia being responsible when it comes to environmental issues and such, even if he does happen to be a bit of a lapdog for Bush administration.
Since there was no opponent in 2002, i voted for him.  I heard rumors that he was planning to retire by 2008 (which accounts for Rep. Tom Davis' possible candidacy for his seat) -i'm wondering if anyone has any more info.......   

George Allen -i no longer remember why i voted for him in 2000, and, leaving aside his rightwing conservative views, i find him obnoxious even to look at.  if Mark Warner runs against him next year, i'll vote for him.   Mark Warner would be a better fit for this state than George Allen.  as conservative as this state may be, we're better than this. 
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2005, 12:58:52 AM »

I vote in California, and Barbara Boxer has the IQ of a grapefruit.

Feinstein at least is reasonably smart.
PADem

« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2005, 01:53:15 AM »

Specter - I think he's great!

Santorum - Homophobic, Anti-Privacy, Generally all round bigot.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2005, 02:06:38 AM »

There is no right to privacy in the Constitution. Santorum is correct, and you are an idiot.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2005, 08:01:17 PM »

There is no right to privacy in the Constitution. Santorum is correct, and you are an idiot.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
PADem

« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2005, 08:59:27 PM »

For starters there is no need to get personal....

Secondly, I don't recall my post even mentioning the constitution, all I said is that santorum is against it. Regardless of whether privacy is a constitutional right or not.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2005, 09:11:43 PM »

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

And none of this establishes a right to general privacy; especially since the last two add absolutely nothing to the actual document.

Sorry, the right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures has absolutely nothing to do with an anti-sodomy law, which is only enforced when a cop comes across the act with other intentions.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

When you by association call me a bigot, it's personal, but I wasn't particularly serious.

I believe Santorum is against asinine court rulings that make sh**t up to strike down stupid laws just because they're ridiculous.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies