Did George Zimmerman vote for Obama?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:38:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Did George Zimmerman vote for Obama?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Poll
Question: Did George Zimmerman vote for Obama?
Yes

No

No, he did not vote

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Did George Zimmerman vote for Obama?  (Read 18833 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 10, 2012, 11:48:02 PM »

He's a registered Democrat, but he also obviously hates blacks.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 01:21:28 AM »

Well, McCain did win 12% of Florida "Democrats". He might have done worse with Hispanic Democrats, though.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 05:28:16 AM »
« Edited: April 13, 2012, 07:18:48 PM by Badger »

Why in the world would you post the man's address on the internet?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 05:45:13 AM »

Spike Lee did it, so it must be OK.  I mean, it couldn't be the wrong George Zimmerman, right?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 09:06:04 AM »

I don't know if he hates blacks.  He didn't say, **There is a black guy behaving suspiciously.**  He said, **There's a guy behaving suspiciously.** when asked by the 911 investigator, he said, **He's black.**
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 09:09:59 AM »

I don't know if he hates blacks.  He didn't say, **There is a black guy behaving suspiciously.**  He said, **There's a guy behaving suspiciously.** when asked by the 911 investigator, he said, **He's black.**

Walking around a neighborhood is not "behaving suspiciously" nor is it a reason to gun someone down. He did that because he was black.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 09:16:07 AM »

If I supported the death penalty (which I'd don't), I'd support it for Zimmerman.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 09:25:45 AM »
« Edited: April 11, 2012, 09:59:15 AM by J. J. »

Walking around a neighborhood is not "behaving suspiciously" nor is it a reason to gun someone down. He did that because he was black.

Walking around a neighborhood at night, looking at buildings, might be considered "behaving suspiciously," by most people.  It would be a legitimate reason to call 911.

As for the shooting, let's wait until we actually have some forensic evidence.  Shooting someone "behaving suspiciously" isn't grounds for shooting someone.  Shooting someone attacking you is, in most circumstances.  It doesn't matter what color/ethnicity they are, in either case.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 09:48:48 AM »

If I supported the death penalty (which I'd don't), I'd support it for Zimmerman.

Nice way of campaigning for Zimmerman to get the death penalty while maintaining the pretext of opposing it. If you really oppose the death penalty, don't make these sorts of comments. You would be campaigning for Zimmerman not to get the death penalty. You would be saying he deserves to live. And this doesn't just go for Zimmerman, it goes for every time we have a high profile killer.

In Cleveland we recently had the trial of Anthony Sowell, who raped, tortured, and murdered at least 13 women and buried their bodies in his basement and back yard. He was unsurprisingly given the death penalty since his crimes were so heinous. Yet, a lot of people who normally oppose the death penalty weren't exactly rushing to stop Sowell from getting it. But cases like his show true meaning of opposing capital punishment, opposing it for someone who has done something truly horrible or who society really hates. That's the entire point.
NY Jew

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 11:30:38 AM »
« Edited: April 11, 2012, 11:32:23 AM by NY Jew »

don't know if he voted but if I'm right that this is his address (5004 Strawbridge Ter, Apt 108 Sanford, FL 32771-7488) then his ED voted 716-523 for McCain.

It's already on the internet It's called the white pages anyone with a half a brain who knows the story would be able to find it. 
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 11:58:28 AM »

Who cares?
Is Totally Not Feeblepizza.
Crackers
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2012, 12:05:58 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 12:06:51 PM »

Walking around at night is a legitimate reason for someone to call 911 on you? J.J. becomes more and more ridiculous with each post he makes.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 12:59:41 PM »

Walking around at night is a legitimate reason for someone to call 911 on you? J.J. becomes more and more ridiculous with each post he makes.

You obviously led a sheltered life.

Someone at night, walking around a neighborhood, that doesn't seem to be looking for a house or walking through, and who doesn't live there, is suspicious.  It doesn't mean the person is doing anything wrong, but it is suspicious.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2012, 01:41:23 PM »

Someone at night, walking around a neighborhood, that doesn't seem to be looking for a house or walking through, and who doesn't live there, is suspicious.  It doesn't mean the person is doing anything wrong, but it is suspicious.

You said it justifies calling 911. Not "it is suspicious," but that it's a situation requiring police intervention.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 03:18:42 PM »

I didn't think BRTD was a HP. Is this the person you would really make the exception for(hint: there are people that have comitted much worse crimes than Zimmerman). I don't think manslaughter gets you over 20 years in any state, even if it's racially motivated. Because Zimmerman has pre-meditated his murder, right? I think it's more of a case shoot first, ask questions later.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 03:23:22 PM »

Really?
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 03:29:07 PM »

Because this makes ANY sense Roll Eyes

Anyways, not really sure but voted yes for teh lulz.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 05:41:24 PM »

If I supported the death penalty (which I don't), I wouldn't support it for anyone.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2012, 05:50:36 PM »

Anybody who actually cares who the guy voted for must have a very boring life.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2012, 06:19:32 PM »

You said it justifies calling 911. Not "it is suspicious," but that it's a situation requiring police intervention.

Yes, I see someone walking behind buildings in my neighborhood, and it isn't someone local, I'd call 911.  It is part of patrolling.  Maybe the police will roll past and say, "Well, he's not doing anything."

From some of the details I've heard today, Martin was behind some building.  Someone unknown, at night, walking behind building may be perfectly innocent, but it also may warrant a call to 911.  I don't have a problem with calling at all.

Someone. late at night, knocked on my door and said one of my neighbors was sick.  He called me by last name (which is on my mailbox).  All of my neighbors call me "J. J."  I didn't answer and called 911.  One of my neighbors saw him, and said he was on a bike and seemed to driving back and forth looking at my house.  She called 911 too.  That's called being safe.

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, 07:26:00 PM »

Yes, I see someone walking behind buildings in my neighborhood, and it isn't someone local, I'd call 911.  It is part of patrolling.  Maybe the police will roll past and say, "Well, he's not doing anything."

From some of the details I've heard today, Martin was behind some building.  Someone unknown, at night, walking behind building may be perfectly innocent, but it also may warrant a call to 911.  I don't have a problem with calling at all.

Someone. late at night, knocked on my door and said one of my neighbors was sick.  He called me by last name (which is on my mailbox).  All of my neighbors call me "J. J."  I didn't answer and called 911.  One of my neighbors saw him, and said he was on a bike and seemed to driving back and forth looking at my house.  She called 911 too.  That's called being safe.

Did you happen to shoot the door-knocker in the chest?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2012, 08:17:25 PM »

Walking around a neighborhood at night, looking at buildings, might be considered "behaving suspiciously," by most people.  It would be a legitimate reason to call 911.

I shudder to think ever finding myself in a neighborhood like that. Seriously - better off in Ciudad Juarez, probably.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2012, 08:28:19 PM »

Have you ever been to an actual city? If I ever bothered about people walking around my neighborhood, I'd have to call police 5000 times a day.

Anyway, I now realize what sort of danger I've been subject to all those years as a student in the US whenever I left New York. You see: I don't drive. If I had to get somewhere, I'd take a bus and then walk (I am a pretty good walker). And I've done this zillions of times in various places without it every occuring to me that I was bothering all those suburban police departments. You know, it's in my nature: I am a bipedal human being, so I walk - if I were a bird and had wings, I'd fly.

Fortunately, of course, I am white (at least, Jews are considered "white" these days). This is, most definitely, helpful in the US. I remember when I was taking a bus somewhere between San Diego and LA and we got stopped by the border patrol. To my horror, I realized that I'd forgotten my passport at a relative's place were I was visiting at the time. But, naturally, they didn't bother about me - there was a whole bus of "real" Mexicans to check.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2012, 10:17:12 PM »
« Edited: April 12, 2012, 12:53:44 AM by J. J. »

Have you ever been to an actual city? If I ever bothered about people walking around my neighborhood, I'd have to call police 5000 times a day.

A lot people might act suspiciously, most of them I know.  BTW:  I doubt if you'd venture into my neighborhood.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The first time I looked at a house in my neighborhood, I parked.  Someone came out out of their house and asked me, politely, what I was doing there; he happened to be African-American (and a nice guy, who cares about his neighborhood).  I've been stopped by the police, three blocks away from my home.  After checking my ID, they said "Your going home, aren't you?"  One investigator for the DA's Office, who happened to be African American, asked me, "You're the only one, right?"  I've seen exactly what you are referring to, and I understand. 

There is nothing wrong with seeing someone, at night, behind buildings, who appears to be a stranger and calling 911.  I'm happy my neighbors watch out for me. 

Now, in answer to the question, if someone broke in and attacked me, and if I had access to a gun, of course.  We don't know if Zimmerman was attacked, but the actual evidence, not the political pandering, should tell us.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies