Biggest problem with your Senators (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:58:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Biggest problem with your Senators (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biggest problem with your Senators  (Read 12511 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: January 13, 2005, 06:17:47 PM »

That Feinstien is pretty conservative and boring.

Boxer is actually more liberal than the liberal Senator from Massachusetts (Ted Kennedy)

And you wonder we call you part of the loony left.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 06:52:19 PM »

Boxer is actually more liberal than the liberal Senator from Massachusetts (Ted Kennedy)

Senator Boxer is the top vote getter of anyone in a non national race in United States history with 6,947,021 votes.

She also has an electorate that is the largest subnational unit in the United States and it's the "Left Coast," though it might be swinging back.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 07:06:04 PM »

Senator Boxer is the top vote getter of anyone in a non national race in United States history with 6,947,021 votes.

She also has an electorate that is the largest subnational unit in the United States and it's the "Left Coast," though it might be swinging back.

Don't you get sick your lame spin? She's both the most liberal and gets the most votes.

Stop with the California bashing, we are subsidizing you.

Okay, jFRAUD, I'll take it slowly and explain it to you.  California is a state, a state with a lot of people in it.  In fact it has more people in it than any other state in the Union.  More people register to vote there than any other state.  More registered voters vote there than any other state.  Candidates that win in the state usually get more candidates than in any other state, because more people can vote for them.  

Do you comprehend this jFRAUD?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 07:11:51 PM »

JFRAUD also raises an interesting issue.  His complaint is that the people, at least on a statewide basis, who pay more money are not electing the President.

Does he favor a system where the more taxes you pay the more votes you should get?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 07:15:05 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Whatever you say, J Juvenile

No, just pointing out the attempted spin, and moronic ideas, of JFRAUD the loony leftist.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 07:19:48 PM »

No, just pointing out the attempted spin, and moronic ideas, of JFRAUD the loony leftist.

The fact is, the most liberal Senator got almost 7 million votes, including 18% of CA Bush voters.

What the percentage of her votes?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 07:33:52 PM »

The fact is, the most liberal Senator got almost 7 million votes, including 18% of CA Bush voters.

What the percentage of her votes?

Why's that important? Does that make someone who gets 100% of the vote for Town Highway supervisor in the middle of nowhere more important?

Well, because it shows the number of people, within her state that don't like her.  I'm pretty sure that Al Sharpton could get 7 million votes under either party banner in the US.  I'm also pretty sure he would get no more than 3 electoral votes (DC).

Percentage is what really matters, not your fallacious spinning, jFRAUD.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2005, 09:06:33 PM »

Since jFRAUD is nowhere to be found, Boxer had 58% of the vote or 6,453,157  votes.   Bill Jones had 38% of the vote or 4,240,828. 

The source is here:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=index&cid=2286&inc=s_g_ca_0_7861_1.shtml

Ah, this might explain jFRAUD confusion about Ohio; he added just over half a million votes to Boxer's totals.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2005, 06:31:34 PM »

Isn't jfern cute when he tries to debate?  You just want to reach out pinch his little cheeks!

That could actually help.  It might stimulate bloodflow and some of it might get to his brian. 

His problems, as a debater, is that he doesn't read the sources that he quotes or he makes some claim that can be checked out fairly easily.  He posts false information, I get the actual information, usually from the sources he cites, and post it.

His posts are equivalent of wearing a "kick me" sign.  So we do.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2005, 12:26:41 AM »

I actually find it sort of interesting that San Diego County voted for Bush and Boxer. Now THAT makes no sense. However, living there for a while, I did get the impression that Californians are happy with a Californian incumbent hanging around.

I've been wondering that myself. How the hell can the same person vote for those two?

Power of incumbency.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies