Lugar Land: Mourdock's Confederate tie and hair dye.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:56:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Lugar Land: Mourdock's Confederate tie and hair dye.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lugar Land: Mourdock's Confederate tie and hair dye.  (Read 1810 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 11, 2012, 12:11:58 PM »

From the Desperation Files: http://politi.co/IGc2WE

And before our resident Lugar enthusiast chimes in, I couldn't care less about this race. I have no horse in it though stuff like this makes Lugar look really silly.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 12:14:07 PM »

Oh FFS.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 12:14:46 PM »

Lugar's running scared! Awesome.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 04:50:33 PM »

If you have no interest in this race, please stop posting a new thread for every anti-Lugar piece you come across and at least post it here (I bumped it for you): https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=131769.0

Thank you.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 05:11:57 PM »

That's... that's actually a very nice tie.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 05:41:50 PM »

"since the Civil War when guys sported Confederate neckties like Richard Mourdock's"

Men didn't wear neckties back then, you retard.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 05:42:37 PM »

What's the big deal about Mordock? He's won statewide before, is an actual conservative, and Obama is going to lose Indiana badly. How is this race going to be competitive if the faux Republican Lugar gets thrown out in the primary?
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 05:44:59 PM »

What's the big deal about Mordock? He's won statewide before, is an actual conservative, and Obama is going to lose Indiana badly. How is this race going to be competitive if the faux Republican Lugar gets thrown out in the primary?

Who said the GE would be competitive?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 05:46:13 PM »

A poll came out just last week showing Lugar leading Donnelly 50-29, while Donnely and Mourdock were tied at 35-35. If the GOP really wants to take back the Senate, we need to put ourselves in position to come November, and nominating Mourdock would only further complicate Republican's quest to 51.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 05:46:43 PM »

Some Lugar supporters have insinuated Mourdock can't win.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 05:59:56 PM »

Some Lugar supporters have insinuated Mourdock can't win.
I've never said Mourdock can't win.  I just think he'll face an uphill climb, while Lugar would easily hold the seat, probably with around 60% of the vote.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2012, 09:24:00 PM »

That does look like a confederate tie in the photo, but on the other hand, this is a political contest the North; why would it matter? Not that I care either way (I don't live in Indiana, and the seat seems like it'll stay Republican either way), but this seems like a non-issue.

And the hair dye charge is even sillier; politicians are basically actors, and a lot of actors do the same thing with their hair.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 09:29:53 PM »

That does look like a confederate tie in the photo, but on the other hand, this is a political contest the North; why would it matter? Not that I care either way (I don't live in Indiana, and the seat seems like it'll stay Republican either way), but this seems like a non-issue.

And the hair dye charge is even sillier; politicians are basically actors, and a lot of actors do the same thing with their hair.
Lugar's proud of his white hair - just exemplifies his wisdom. Wink JK, I think that was out of line by Willikie.

Once again, I'd remind you that Donnelly and Mourdock are tied head-to-head. Wink A lot of Democrats really want Mourdock to win this primary because they know it's their only chance of winning in the fall.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 07:35:08 AM »

Tm, please stop posting here. Some really uptight hack from Indiana bumped a thread that I assume is for general discussion about the race and he is demanding that we post there. Thank you.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2012, 08:20:42 AM »

If you have no interest in this race, please stop posting a new thread for every anti-Lugar piece you come across and at least post it here (I bumped it for you): https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=131769.0

Thank you.

The irony here is that Keystone Phil complained quite a bit about Winfield (and IRC Politico) doing this sort of thing with every anti-Santorum piece they saw.  That being said, this was a pretty sad excuse for an attack by Wilkie.  Honestly, Phil is right that it just makes Lugar somewhat desperate.  I don't think it makes him look silly so much as it seems bush-league.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 10:11:12 AM »

Thank you.

The irony here is that Keystone Phil complained quite a bit about Winfield (and IRC Politico) doing this sort of thing with every anti-Santorum piece they saw.  That being said, this was a pretty sad excuse for an attack by Wilkie.  Honestly, Phil is right that it just makes Lugar somewhat desperate.  I don't think it makes him look silly so much as it seems bush-league.

Dude, I've posted like two or maybe three stories about this race. One was general news (Lugar residency with no commentary) and this one (with commentary). As I've said, I really don't have a horse in this race. Don't compare it to Winfield and Politico and how they spammed the other board with blatantly Anti Santorum articles that were days old.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 10:30:47 AM »

Thank you.

Dude, I've posted like two or maybe three stories about this race. One was general news (Lugar residency with no commentary) and this one (with commentary). As I've said, I really don't have a horse in this race. Don't compare it to Winfield and Politico and how they spammed the other board with blatantly Anti Santorum articles that were days old.

Fair enough
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 01:00:49 PM »

Tm, please stop posting here. Some really uptight hack from Indiana bumped a thread that I assume is for general discussion about the race and he is demanding that we post there. Thank you.
KP, grow up. Thank you.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 01:53:04 PM »

KP, grow up. Thank you.

Take a joke, kiddo.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies