Clinton vs. Cheney 1996 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:46:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  Clinton vs. Cheney 1996 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton vs. Cheney 1996  (Read 6272 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: April 11, 2012, 08:48:34 PM »

One of the reasons Cheney didin't want to run, according to Bob Woodward, was that a member of his family was gay and he didn't want some huge media expose. As I recall, that family member was actually his daughter. Anyway, I'm wondering how that might affect the election and how Cheney would explain his views on gay rights and the reaction from the Religious Right (Cheney supports gay rights, on marriage at least).
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 08:55:53 PM »

One of the reasons Cheney didin't want to run, according to Bob Woodward, was that a member of his family was gay and he didn't want some huge media expose. As I recall, that family member was actually his daughter. Anyway, I'm wondering how that might affect the election and how Cheney would explain his views on gay rights and the reaction from the Religious Right (Cheney supports gay rights, on marriage at least).

Actually, Cheney didn't really become vocal about his support of gay rights until early 2009. Prior to that, he stated he was against gay marriage and thought it was a state's rights issue. Granted, this position is not nearly as conservative as many members of his party, but it's still not a full endorsement of gay rights.

Well in '09, Cheney was no longer involved in electoral politics either. Wink
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 07:46:54 PM »

A Cheney Presidency would be quite interesting.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies