How will your state vote in the presidential election, county by county? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:38:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  How will your state vote in the presidential election, county by county? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How will your state vote in the presidential election, county by county?  (Read 12509 times)
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« on: April 13, 2012, 11:36:11 AM »

AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 11:47:20 AM »

Maybe like this after the democrats are embarrassed AGAIN in the Recall.  They admit they can't operate at fever pitch much longer.     
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 12:20:48 PM »

Maybe like this after the democrats are embarrassed AGAIN in the Recall.  They admit they can't operate at fever pitch much longer.      

You are aware that all WI polls thus far have shown Obama at least 5 points ahead of Romney, aren't you?

Yea, I haven't seen any recent polls though.  In March Romney was losing by 8 points to Santorum prior to the Primary and than Romney turned it around in a week or two and won by 7 points, So Wisconsin really needs new polling.  It may take some time and effort for Romney to overtake officially, but it isn't a stretch or anything to expect him to preform similar to Walker or Johnson (who were shockingly similar).  Walker, Johnson, and Ryan individually carry more weight in Wisconsin than any living democrat and I can see all of them (Walker after the recall is over) campaigning for Romney 'hard'.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 01:16:11 PM »

Maybe like this after the democrats are embarrassed AGAIN in the Recall.  They admit they can't operate at fever pitch much longer.      

You are aware that all WI polls thus far have shown Obama at least 5 points ahead of Romney, aren't you?

Yea, I haven't seen any recent polls though.  In March Romney was losing by 8 points to Santorum prior to the Primary and than Romney turned it around in a week or two and won by 7 points, So Wisconsin really needs new polling.  It may take some time and effort for Romney to overtake officially, but it isn't a stretch or anything to expect him to preform similar to Walker or Johnson (who were shockingly similar).  Walker, Johnson, and Ryan individually carry more weight in Wisconsin than any living democrat and I can see all of them (Walker after the recall is over) campaigning for Romney 'hard'.

Rasmussen had Obama up 11 at the end of March. From what I gather, Santorum was up until Romney bought the state.

The enthusiasm gap in Wisconsin was very severe in 2010, allowing for Johnson and Walker to win. I'm really not expecting anything close to the 2010 conditions there this year.

That's what I'm talking about, Wisconsin has been in perpetual campaign mode since 2010 and the democrats have not gained an inch in this time span.  The failure of the recall will probably collapse democrat 'enthusiasm' and swing the few independents away from them.  

If the recall was on the same day as the presidential race, than it might be more of a jump ball and more influenced by the rest of the country, but alas it isn't.  

Side Note: if the Unions dump 40 million (state wide race here is usually 10 to 20 total) into the recall in June and lose again...  will they turn around and write the same checks AGAIN in November?      
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 01:20:19 PM »

AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 03:06:44 PM »

...with one vacant republican seat.  So, 17-16 GOP.  Point?  You aren't implying that tens of millions of dollars from out of state flipping two state senate seats (normally campaign on tens of thousands) is a 'gain' are you? 

One senator was in a bad divorce, had a young girlfriend, and a lot of state employees in his district so I'm shocked the seat was lost after millions of dollars were thrown at it.     
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 08:25:11 AM »

...with one vacant republican seat.  So, 17-16 GOP.  Point?  You aren't implying that tens of millions of dollars from out of state flipping two state senate seats (normally campaign on tens of thousands) is a 'gain' are you? 

One senator was in a bad divorce, had a young girlfriend, and a lot of state employees in his district so I'm shocked the seat was lost after millions of dollars were thrown at it.     

The State Senators recalled in 2008 had been elected in 2008, a year in which President Obama had won handily. 2008 was already a bad year for Republicans in Wisconsin, and there was little room for improvement for Democrats. But that said, the Democrats made gains, picking up State Senate seats that often seemed "Safe R" in 2008. 

The Tea Party winners of 2010 will be up for recall in 2012, and they have been the bulk of the support for Gauleiter -- I mean Governor -- Walker. State Senate seats that easily went R in 2010 but would not have so gone in 2006 or 2008 might not be so easy to defend in a General Election that includes the President.

Scott Walker is wildly unpopular in Wisconsin.  Even if he survives the recall he is going to find himself with a state legislature that doesn't kick its heels and follow him blindly.   

Wow.  Over 51% approval is "wildly unpopular" now.  Considering the blindly belligerent opposition to modest reforms caused so much collateral damage, it is hard to believe any Governor would be that popular. 
I'm amazed a party that fled the state (illegally) to Illinois (a fiscal train wreck) and held some of it's own members hostage (they wanted to return to their families or end the constitutional crisis they created) can speak about fiercely independent, courageous people as "blind followers."  Projection? ? ?     
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 11:46:03 AM »

Romney has several 'home'/'native'/"strong personal tie category" states.  Utah, New Hampshire, Michigan, Massachusetts, California. 

Strong/old business ties would be another category, for instance Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, etc. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies