Does raising tax rates on capital gains raise revenue? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:16:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Does raising tax rates on capital gains raise revenue? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does raising tax rates on capital gains raise revenue?  (Read 3350 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: April 15, 2012, 12:07:20 PM »

So the blue avatars agree we need to raise the estate tax and lower the exemption, eh? Tongue

I think there is something fundamentally wrong with being able to sit on your ass and make money, and then pay a lower rate than people who actually have to get their ass up in the morning and go to work. Of course if it's just people who have worked hard all their life to make the money, and then enjoying the fruits of their labor by making money off their investments...fine. But when wealth just goes from generation to generation and due to low estate taxes and capital gains taxes more of it ends up in their hands than it should. I thought we were trying to create a meritocracy here?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 01:32:24 PM »

That salary would be taxed at more than 15% wouldn't it? Approve. Tongue

Also pension plans don't give out that much money. As a whole it does, but most people aren't getting a $100,000 a year, forget about a $1,000,000 a year. Don't really see how that is relevant in this discussion, but that is one place the left can focus on to take these plush benefits away from government workers leaving more to help the poor with. Also agree about Wall Street and money controlling both parties. Yay Citizens v United. I >3 this Supreme court. And as an added bonus, free anal penetration by not just the inmates, but the guards as well in jails and prisons these days. Just awesome.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies