Does Romney think that America is full of rich people? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:09:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Does Romney think that America is full of rich people? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does Romney think that America is full of rich people?  (Read 8560 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: April 13, 2012, 03:44:55 PM »

I'm sick of the left's "You're on your own" obsession, but I'll bite. 
"You're on your own" is a MUCH MUCH MUCH better thing to hear than: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you." 

Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 08:34:00 AM »

Not to pick on Ann Romney, who I generally respect and who is facing tough health care battles, but sitting on the boards of charities and planning their fundraisers and social events is exactly what wealthy women in Ann Romney's position do. It mostly involves spending time with other wealthy individuals. It's better than lounging on a yacht, but it doesn't imply that she's working in the trenches like a real volunteer.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 11:55:10 AM »

Romney is known to be cheap- he flies coach for example... which is where he had his brawl with the rapper

I've seen his stables in NH, his property adjoins a friend's - they are larger than my house and a lot nicer. Some people are selectively thrifty but spend money like crazy elsewhere. To the best of my knowledge Romney is no spendthrift, but nor is he a miser.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies