Does Romney think that America is full of rich people? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:04:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Does Romney think that America is full of rich people? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Does Romney think that America is full of rich people?  (Read 8527 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: April 13, 2012, 06:08:49 PM »

I don't wanna get into this too much, but I just wanna make one point about "gut-Republicanism."

Point:

It's not that bad.

Looking on the US from the outside, it seems less like you have to be apologetic for what you believe in. In Canada, you really, really do. Free market capitalism? Cut government spending? What a heartless douchebag! At least that gut-Republicanism is unabashed. If you're a gut-Democrat it seems to me that you're hopping on the social awareness bandwagon without necessarily thinking things through.

I guess that's my gut talking.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 02:09:07 PM »

What, you're suggesting Obama will run on his record? That's laughable. If his "record" is Obamacare and "getting bin Laden" (which has been horribly politicized, considering the work was done by a bunch of skilled advisors), that's nothing. Obama is creating a new record for himself that totally ignores reality. He's running from his record more than Romney is, in that Obama isn't telling anything close to the full story.

And the difference here is, EVERYONE is familiar with Obama's record--it's harder for him to run from it. Romney can run on whatever he wants, because no one really knows what he did in Massachusetts except the people who lived in Massachusetts. Bottom line though: Romney's record means dick-all. This election is about Obama.

As for your attacks on "inequality" and "vanishing opportunity"... I wonder if you understand what these terms mean. Opportunity to live your life how you want, with a good job? Opportunity to move up the social ladder based on your own merits? How exactly has Obama created opportunity over these last three years? You think the buffet rule speaks to an Obama agenda of equality? You think high corporate taxes and regulations create a good business environment where employers are going to want to hire people?

This is the flaw I see in Democrats. You folks believe opportunity is something that comes from the government. It ain't.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 04:06:14 PM »

yeah, cuz you're a basket of roses too.

I'm not going to dignify Democrat rhetoric with anything more than Republican rhetoric. Sorry.

pbrower can say all he wants about what he believes trickle-down economics is based on, but it will always have that little Democrat twist. IE, rhetoric. Maybe he's just better at hiding it than I am, but he wasn't exactly using facts either.

I mean...
"Trickle-down economics is predicated on the idea that if the super-rich get even more rich they will have more cast-offs to give to the non-rich. We know how that works."

is the least substantive thing I've ever heard. "We know how that works"?? As if it's some fact? Give me a break. I can't reply to points that pretend to be factual with actual facts. Where would you even start?

And lastly... At least I'm not a snappy jackass to everyone (as you always seem to be to me Oakvale). Next time, don't put words in my mouth.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 05:10:02 PM »

I don't report people, that's weak.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies