Nazi Party Registers Their First Washington Lobbyist.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:29:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Nazi Party Registers Their First Washington Lobbyist.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Nazi Party Registers Their First Washington Lobbyist.  (Read 5115 times)
retromike22
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 13, 2012, 03:04:20 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/13/nazi-party-washington-lobbyist_n_1424151.html
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 03:13:20 PM »

dafuq
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 03:19:22 PM »

Looks like a waste of money.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 03:23:41 PM »

+1 GOP
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 03:26:30 PM »

Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 03:41:16 PM »

Very sexy news.

I've been wanting to get into the business myself.  I hear it's quite a lucrative business to get into and has lots of opportunities for growth and customer excitement.

Oh wait......we aren't talking about the article on the nude maid service?
Damn it.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 05:32:10 PM »

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 10:15:03 PM »

John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 10:30:21 PM »

Honestly I'm not sure if even the GOP politicians would knowingly meet up with this guy - it would be career suicide.
Vermin Supreme
Henry Clay

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 10:40:45 PM »

Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 02:19:14 AM »

Meh. A Nazi lobbying is less offensive than the marginalization of political minorities in the States.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 02:32:20 AM »

Meh. A Nazi lobbying is less offensive than the marginalization of political minorities in the States.
I think more offensive is the number of fascists already running successful lobbying operations in the States.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 04:09:15 AM »

CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 05:11:45 AM »

Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 07:33:22 PM »

Meet the least popular lobbyist in all of Washington, D.C.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2012, 08:30:23 PM »

Meet the least popular lobbyist in all of Washington, D.C.

The only least popular lobbyist in Washington DC.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 07:44:59 AM »

Rather ironic that this is controversial.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2012, 09:21:24 AM »

I think more offensive is the number of fascists already running successful lobbying operations in the States.

You win.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2012, 09:23:05 AM »

You win.

That was my point above with the 'irony'.  The US is a fascist state, so thus all the lobbieists are participants in the fascism.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2012, 09:47:28 AM »

The true irony lies in the fact that John Bowles is registering this party because the anglophone culture is "being reduced to second-class citizen status and losing political power" because Spanish-speaking minorities are gaining power.  Nazi is short for Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei.  Now, if your beef is with Other-than-English language programs, isn't it a heavy paradox to pick a German name for a political party to represent your ideology?  
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2012, 08:24:48 PM »

A part of me really thinks the US deserves a party list system. Can you imagine the utter political chaos that would ensue?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2012, 08:46:51 PM »

The true irony lies in the fact that John Bowles is registering this party because the anglophone culture is "being reduced to second-class citizen status and losing political power" because Spanish-speaking minorities are gaining power.  Nazi is short for Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei.  Now, if your beef is with Other-than-English language programs, isn't it a heavy paradox to pick a German name for a political party to represent your ideology?

Not so much.  They like the German and probably think of themselves as 'Anglo-Saxon' Germanic people.  But I'm sure you know that.

And after all the racism is just the facade of fascism, not the heart of it - domination by the elite owning class.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2012, 08:58:04 PM »

Not so much.  They like the German and probably think of themselves as 'Anglo-Saxon' Germanic people.  But I'm sure you know that.

And after all the racism is just the facade of fascism, not the heart of it - domination by the elite owning class.

'Domination by the elite owning class' has been a very rare condition throughout human history -- generally, majorities oppress ('own', I guess you could say) minorities, not the other way around. A few counterexamples do exist (apartheid, colonialism in general)*, but fascism isn't one of them: fascism is a horrible ideology for other reasons, such as the conquest-mania, genocidal activities, and general lack of sanity.

*I want to note that decolonization was as horrible a process as colonization was.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2012, 09:08:17 PM »

'Domination by the elite owning class' has been a very rare condition throughout human history -- generally, majorities oppress ('own', I guess you could say) minorities, not the other way around. A few counterexamples do exist (apartheid, colonialism in general)*, but fascism isn't one of them: fascism is a horrible ideology for other reasons, such as the conquest-mania, genocidal activities, and general lack of sanity.

*I want to note that decolonization was as horrible a process as colonization was.

No, the elite has always utilized the majority as serfs or slaves, Vosem.  The model for human society is the ant-hive.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2012, 09:38:09 PM »

No, the elite has always utilized the majority as serfs or slaves, Vosem.  The model for human society is the ant-hive.

Your first sentenced is couched by some very vague phrasing: 'always'. Let's use a civilization both of us are familiar with: could you explain how this occurs in the modern United States?

And the second sentence is simply false. Knowledge of the details of how ant-hives work was not present during the first civilizations, so it was clearly not consciously so. Even the claim that  human society is similar to an ant-hive is easily debunkable: humans do not die immediately after mating; in human societies, there is always dissent, and there is always people leaving to go live in some other place (or at least trying), behavior that is totally absent in an ant-hive. In an ant-hive, the queen rules everybody until she dies. In human societies, no one can ever have real absolute control.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies