Why Paul Ryan is the wrong messenger
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:50:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why Paul Ryan is the wrong messenger
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why Paul Ryan is the wrong messenger  (Read 2264 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 16, 2012, 07:42:29 PM »

I give credit to Paul Ryan for putting forward many great ideas and having the courage to put them forward- but he is the wrong messenger for the kind of economic plan we need or really any sort of plan. No one who has worked for their entire lives wants some kid to be telling us how things ought to be... Ryan comes across as a goofy, geeky teacher's pet with a high voice and giraffe neck.

"Here is my paper, I hope I get an A!"

The GOP is worse then the Democrats at a few things- one of them is choosing the wrong spokesman. No one is going to take Paul Ryan or Aaron Schock seriously... especially the latter.

"Hi I'm Aaron Schock and I am running for Student Council President!"

No one wants somebody 40 years younger then them trying to sit there and act like a know-it-all as if they truly know how the world works... Ryan is older then Schock but comes across as such a God damn fembag. Fella- take a speech coach and lower your voice and gain a few much-needed pounds so you don't look like your arm could snap like a twig.

Then people will take you more seriously...
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 07:46:38 PM »

Whenever I try to picture Paul Ryan in executive office, this always comes to mind.

Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 08:38:53 PM »

Meh, I consider the messenger to be dwarfed in significance by the ideas being conveyed.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 08:48:35 PM »

Whenever I try to picture Paul Ryan in executive office, this always comes to mind.

Thank you!
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 09:23:12 PM »

clarence, you are my favorite Republican.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 09:25:55 PM »

I disagree, Gabe is the spitting image of Ryan:

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 09:41:15 PM »

I disagree, Gabe is the spitting image of Ryan:

I was thinking more attitude-wise than appearance-wise, but you're right.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 11:08:34 PM »
« Edited: April 16, 2012, 11:13:45 PM by Torie »

Ryan is very smart, but somewhat immature. He needs some seasoning. He does not yet know how to frame issues in a manner that effectively explains how his social safety net will comport with those with a reasonable conscience, while saving the US from going down the fiscal rat hole - to wit sailing reasonably between the Scylla and Charybdis, without sinking into Neptune's realm, never to be seen again. The Pubs in general are not very effective at that. They need me. Tongue

I might add that when a majority of Pubs oppose medicare cuts, you know you have a problem. It isn't easy. The voters need to be educated. Few politicians have the capacity to do that effectively. But it needs to be done. Insolvency is not an acceptable alternative. Some tough choices need to be made. I know my priorities. Cut medical subsidies for the olds based on an intelligent triage, and reform inner city secondary schools, which will cost more money, since we will need to hire very talented and highly paid teachers. That is my choice. I would try to sell it with all the passion etc. that I could muster.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 12:38:53 AM »

Geeks are cool now, Clarence.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 03:46:05 AM »

Ryan is very smart, but somewhat immature. He needs some seasoning. He does not yet know how to frame issues in a manner that effectively explains how his social safety net will comport with those with a reasonable conscience, while saving the US from going down the fiscal rat hole - to wit sailing reasonably between the Scylla and Charybdis, without sinking into Neptune's realm, never to be seen again. The Pubs in general are not very effective at that. They need me. Tongue

I might add that when a majority of Pubs oppose medicare cuts, you know you have a problem. It isn't easy. The voters need to be educated. Few politicians have the capacity to do that effectively. But it needs to be done. Insolvency is not an acceptable alternative. Some tough choices need to be made. I know my priorities. Cut medical subsidies for the olds based on an intelligent triage, and reform inner city secondary schools, which will cost more money, since we will need to hire very talented and highly paid teachers. That is my choice. I would try to sell it with all the passion etc. that I could muster.
... What? How is that a safety net if one doesn't exist already.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 03:50:13 AM »

Ryan is a scam artist, propped up by lazy pundits who can't read a budget anymore than they can read the gospel in Aramaic.   
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 10:48:12 AM »
« Edited: April 18, 2012, 08:48:25 AM by Torie »

... What? How is that a safety net if one doesn't exist already.

I don't understand your point. We have a vast social safety net, which is fashioned in a way that we simply cannot afford. So it needs to be changed. The changes need to be outlined in a way that seems reasonable and rational, intelligently balancing the competing considerations that a majority of voters deem conscionable. It is a horrifically difficult task.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies