If Romney Chooses A Female VP (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:33:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  If Romney Chooses A Female VP (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Romney Chooses A Female VP  (Read 8872 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« on: April 13, 2012, 09:50:28 PM »

I think Condoleeza Rice would be a good choice, to give the ticket some foreign policy credentials. I think Meg Whitman would have been a top choice for him had she won the Governorship (they are close friends, successful businesswoman, from a large state). Kay Bailey Hutchison would be a possibility too, for reasons previously stated.

Like John McCain before him, I don't think Mitt Romney is in any position to be picking anyone perceived to be a moderate by the GOP base.  If he is going to nominate a member of the fairer sex, she is going to have to be a Tea Party darling like Sarah Palin or Michele Bachmann.  
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 02:53:17 PM »

I don't know though... the benefits of a Martinez pick could outweigh the short-term explanation-making.

The other day, I saw a clip of Martinez's closing statement from a New Mexico debate. She talked about education and children, and boy, was it pretty moving. She connects with people in a way that's way more authentic than Palin's hick crap. I think Martinez has a lot more potential than Palin ever did. And I think that trait will become apparent fast enough to halt most of the Palin comparisons.

It's too bad she's only a governor.  And then only in her first term.  She could be very formidable in 2016 or 2020 though if and when she decides to run for the GOP nomination.    
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 03:52:21 PM »

Perry was leading the primary before Cain was until people saw his debate performances. It had nothing to do with him not being prolife enough for the base.

How about his apparent failure to suck up to the CARLHAYDENs of the GOP?  Many are suggesting that it wasn't so much his lackluster performance in the debates that did him in, but his position on immigration -in particular, the DREAM Act.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies