If Romney Chooses A Female VP (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:58:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  If Romney Chooses A Female VP (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Romney Chooses A Female VP  (Read 8869 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: April 13, 2012, 06:25:55 PM »

Except Romney's at a bit of a disadvantage now, so you've got to balance the pros and cons. Does he concede, say, Georgia and South Carolina, to try and win Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and maybe Michigan?

I almost think it would be better for him to be a public moderate than a closet one.

Except I happen to believe Georgia and SC would still go for Romney, even if he did pick a pro-choice VP.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 10:20:55 PM »

Well then the answer is staring us in the face. We're trying to find someone who fits all the criteria, but that person just doesn't exist.

The best fit for "smart and exciting conservative woman" is Susana Martinez.

If she says no, I don't see it being any other woman. MAYBE Ayotte. But she's not exactly the most exciting person in the world.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 12:04:12 PM »

I don't know though... the benefits of a Martinez pick could outweigh the short-term explanation-making.

The other day, I saw a clip of Martinez's closing statement from a New Mexico debate. She talked about education and children, and boy, was it pretty moving. She connects with people in a way that's way more authentic than Palin's hick crap. I think Martinez has a lot more potential than Palin ever did. And I think that trait will become apparent fast enough to halt most of the Palin comparisons.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 04:05:54 PM »

Well, Mitt did a good job framing Perry's immigration stances in exactly the way he needed them to be framed.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 12:09:11 PM »

I hate that the media will now condemn any game-change pick thanks to Sarah Palin. The problem wasn't that McCain chose a game changer--the problem was that he chose the WRONG game changer.

If Palin hadn't opened her big fat mouth, the lack of experience wouldn't have been that big a deal.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 12:38:48 PM »

Gillibrand would probably be celebrated.

There's a double standard, of course. "Gasp, how can you be a woman and be pro-life! For shame, for shame."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies