Hilary Rosen's Ann Romney Comment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:51:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Hilary Rosen's Ann Romney Comment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hilary Rosen's Ann Romney Comment  (Read 11675 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: April 14, 2012, 07:15:30 PM »

I think this issue will continue to be the media's focus for the next 6 months.  The only remote chance I can see people moving on is in the unlikely event someone else on TV says something stupid between now and then and we're all distracted.  I suppose it's possible but I don't honestly see that happening.

lol

Amen. The only thing uncertain is which political operatives will have gaffes, not if there will be gaffes.

The Romney campaign has handled this gaffe well, but they can't play the Ann card too much.  She's more charismatic than her husband, but if used too much, she'll either have to stay away from the issues so much as to appear a lightweight or talk about them enough to either contradict her husband's views or embrace them enough to be tarnished as a privileged plutocrat like her husband.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 12:44:56 PM »

Joementum's link raises an interesting point... what is the moral difference between a stay at home mum living off her husband and a stay at home mum living of the government? Mitt claimed that the latter is undignified and women on welfare with 2 year olds should be compelled to work... yet somehow the former is simultaneously respectable?

The difference is that with the former, the dad can provide a role-model of how work can get you what you want.  With the latter, the dad can't because the dad ain't there.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 05:58:37 PM »

Romney is not going to triangulate.  He is not anywhere near progressive on social issues.  If I can recall correctly, he said during one of the debates that he would even push for an amendment banning same-sex marriage.  He's talked about getting rid of Planned Parenthood and basically ignored a man in a wheel chair when asked about his position on medical marijuana.  There is not a single thing, given the rhetoric that he delivers today, that should earn him a reputation as a "moderate."  But he has one, anyway.

GOP primary is over, buddy. We're triangulating, baby!

Y'know what?  Welcome to my ignore list.  I'm done getting worked up over some troll's idiotic, insane, non-responsive posts that were so obviously written by a paid worker for Romney's campaign.  I'm done wasting my time with you people.

Scott, the Romney campaign would not be so idiotic as to pay a person to make such obnoxious posts on his behalf.  There is a minuscule chance that Politico is an Obama false flag operative who was supposed to discredit Romney by association but who overdid his assignment.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 03:48:46 PM »

Webster also has a kind of odd idea of what 'intransitive' means, but I suppose they can take that up with the linguists.

The transitive/intransitive divide really doesn't apply to Modern English verbs as much as it does in other languages, since there is no morphological distinction between the two categories as there are in some other languages.  It can be used intransitively, which seems to be all that Webster's cares about.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies