Biggest surprise in the 2008 presidential election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:13:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Biggest surprise in the 2008 presidential election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: The result in which state was, in your personal view, the biggest surprise?
Alaska
Arkansas
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Indiana
Kentucky
Louisiana
Montana
Nebraska's 2nd CD
Nevada
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Virginia
West Virginia
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Biggest surprise in the 2008 presidential election?  (Read 10339 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: April 15, 2012, 10:38:48 AM »

I didn't know enough about what were Republican and what were Democratic states back then (I had an idea, but nothing too nuanced), but in retrospect without any real thought, I guess I'd say Indiana.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 02:09:26 PM »

I didn't even know there was a place you could go to look up electoral vote counts and stuff like that. Tongue My election night story is my history teacher giving each of us a blank US map and telling us to go home that night and fill it in as states were called. The only states I have any memory of are Ohio ("this is important!" I had no idea why), Missouri (Me: Shouldn't it go Republican? They still haven't called it. Uh-oh) and Florida (That's not going Republican either! They still haven't called it! No!). I remember filling in the vast majority of the map but for a few, FL, MO, and a couple others. I wish I could find that map and see how far I'd gotten.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 02:25:38 PM »

I actually found it in a stack of folders stashed in a part of my room. I guess I should actually throw that stuff away, but this is what I had down before I was sent to bed (in real life colors of course, as that was what I colored it in):

I guess at the tiem for me it was Florida given that I was really hoping it'd go for McCain. The next couple days or so I looked up the final results online and much to my dismay, it went for Obama.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies