Interesting poll of Irish Catholics reveals widespread disagreement with Church. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:00:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Interesting poll of Irish Catholics reveals widespread disagreement with Church. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Interesting poll of Irish Catholics reveals widespread disagreement with Church.  (Read 4597 times)
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« on: April 16, 2012, 02:54:15 AM »

You've said that you still have some instinctively Lutheran characteristics, right? It's like that, only stronger because of the nature of the country and its history.

But the difference is I actually like the ELCA. Now if I were from LCMS or WELS I doubt I'd feel that way. And really, the role of the Catholic church in Irish history is not something I'd be too proud about or want to affiliate with...(A 12th Century Pope being the whole reason the rather hated British even took it over in the first place just for starters...)

Way to fail Medieval History and Politics 101, BRTD. The Norman invasion (not English and certainly not British) was given sanction by Pope Adrian IV (who could have easily been ignored if he hadn't), not caused by it.

But I don't think giving sanction would be something one would be too proud of in history either. And that's really just the start of the whole thing...

Only if one accepts that Laudabiliter actually existed in the first place; or that even if it did exist, that the Cambrensis version is a faithful representation of it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies