FINAL RATIFICATION VOTE PART 2 - AMENDMENTS (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:29:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Voting Booth (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FINAL RATIFICATION VOTE PART 2 - AMENDMENTS (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FINAL RATIFICATION VOTE PART 2 - AMENDMENTS  (Read 17950 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: March 28, 2004, 07:28:12 PM »

I vote no on preferential voting.  One man one vote.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 12:19:41 AM »

Yes on all amendments.

Preference ABCD.

YES on preferential voting. This is the ONLY way to prevent penalizing third parties, which make the Atlas elections more interesting IMO.

No, this is a certain way to assure a Dem./Progressive majoritarian alliance.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 11:01:36 AM »

No preferential voting!!!!!!!   That plan sucks.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 11:03:34 AM »

It's not even IN the original draft.  You are inserting it in there for no reason at all.  In that case, we should have been able to try to insert anything we wanted to, but you limited the vote to a yea or nay vote to insert one piece of the agenda you've been pushing all along.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2004, 11:09:38 AM »

The PV plan is bullsh**t.  It's specifically engineered to creat some sort of Progressive/ Democrat majority allignment without the two groups acctually needing to cooperate.  It was designed with an agenda in mind and anything like that should not be in the Consititution.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2004, 11:53:43 AM »

The PV plan is bullsh**t.  It's specifically engineered to creat some sort of Progressive/ Democrat majority allignment without the two groups acctually needing to cooperate.  It was designed with an agenda in mind and anything like that should not be in the Consititution.
We wanted an EV system, you wanted the PV, man don't change the history

I wanted Electoral Votes to.  By PV I mean preferential voting.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2004, 11:54:52 AM »

We wanted an EV system, you wanted the PV, man don't change the history

I wanted Electoral Votes to.  By PV I mean preferential voting.
sorry

Smiley
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2004, 12:07:54 PM »

Looking back through this thread, it appears that the Preferential Voting amendment was declared as passed at 6:12 am yesterday morning (11-10 with 2 abstentions).  It would seem that arguing its merits now a moot point.

I will ask my question again- where is the text of this amendment posted?

Thanks for helping out a newbie.  Smiley

My point was that it wasn't in the original Constitution.  It's just an idea that these guys wanted, so they threw it in there, but denied anyone else the chance to post an amendemnet.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2004, 12:34:57 PM »

My point was that it wasn't in the original Constitution.  It's just an idea that these guys wanted, so they threw it in there, but denied anyone else the chance to post an amendemnet.

So...it isn't posted.....ANYWHERE?

No!   They made it up.  They don't even have a template for the supposed amendment we would be voting on.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2004, 12:43:24 PM »

Well, that seems rather silly. If that is indeed the case, any voting done on the amendment ought to be declared null and void on that basis, and perhaps voted on again AFTER a written document is produced.

Exactly my point.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2004, 03:48:40 PM »

Well, that seems rather silly. If that is indeed the case, any voting done on the amendment ought to be declared null and void on that basis, and perhaps voted on again AFTER a written document is produced.

Exactly my point.

Supersoulty,

Why didn't you ask someone to produce the formal wording of the amendment before the voting ended and the amendment had already passed?  

I would guess it is because you, and everyone else who voted either way, understood what they were voting on.  There was a long thread a few days ago, accompanied by a poll, that explained what preferential voting was, and it was favored in that poll too.

Maybe this is an effort to assure a Democratic/
Progressive majority in the fantasy government, but we ARE the majority of registered voters,  so this system is more fair than a system which would ensure that a Republicans are elected against the will of the majority.

I raised objection ot it on several occations.  My point is, how can we pass an Amendement if there is nothing writen down.  I admit, that I am firmly against PV but I think that this raises an interesting point.

Polls don't mean anything.  If we believed all the polls on this site, then the number of people voting for me and GWBFan combined is going to be double that of what Nym will get in June.  Highly unlikly.  The point is that nothing has been writen.  This concern ONLY became apparent to me when our new friend JLD posted that he could not find the amendment acctually writen down.

It doesn't matter if you are the majority of registered voters.  You complain about one man one vote.  I say we should enforce this priciple in this instance.  ANYTHING that pushes ANY agenda should NEVER becmoe a part of this Constitution.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies