Is running mate speculation the most annoying phase of a Presidential campaign? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:39:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is running mate speculation the most annoying phase of a Presidential campaign? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is running mate speculation the most annoying phase of a Presidential campaign?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: Is running mate speculation the most annoying phase of a Presidential campaign?  (Read 2255 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: April 15, 2012, 03:39:16 PM »

Good God yes. It's too bad redistricting couldn't happen around the same time so we'd have something else to talk about.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 03:44:11 PM »

No. The worst phase is post-election night speculation on next cycle's candidates.

Are you ready for 20 poll threads about Chris Christie running in 2016?

Well that's not technically part of the campaign, but yes there's no question that the 2016 forum will be an unviewable trainwreck for at least 2 1/2 years since its creation.

I actually kind of prefer midterm elections to Presidential ones by the way, because they allow more people to make a difference and takes the races to a wider variety of places than just two or three swing states.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 04:06:06 PM »

No. I actually find it one of the most interesting parts, myself. Personally, I find the most annoying phaseto be the candidate selection, particularly in an open year, simply for all the incessant pretentious fanboying over particular candidates.

What the hell is interesting about constant "Post maps of Romney/XXXXXXX vs. Obama/Biden" or "What if Obama drops Biden and picks XXXXXX?" polls?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 05:31:03 PM »

The other thing that bugs me otherwise is it's just a right or wrong guess, there's no fun maps or anything to analyze.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies