not counting party switchers what congressperson (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:41:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  not counting party switchers what congressperson (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: not counting party switchers what congressperson  (Read 2293 times)
hopper
United States

« on: April 22, 2012, 08:12:17 PM »

Gillibrand definitely swung to the left when she became Senator.

Evan Bayh pretended to be a reasonable Democrat in 2005 when he was thinking of running for President. Then later in his term after he decided not to run for re-election he showed his true right-wing colors. I think he was to the right of even Ben Nelson his final year. No surprise that he ended up as a Fox News "Democrat". Meanwhile his lobbyist wife is doing quite well.  I don't know why such a HP was so popular on this forum.
Gillibrand-She was in a swing district while in the US House so she had to vote like she was voting then. I think she was always liberal on social issues but on economic issues she swung to the left probably once she became a US Senator. Remember she was a Blue Dog Dem in her US House tenure.

Evan Bayh-He was kind of a centrist while Governor of Indiana from what I read about him on wikipedia. He did vote for Stimulus and Obama Care while in the US Senate. He did denounce both George W. Bush and Barack Obama's fiscal policy's though saying they both spent too much money and he's right about that in my own opinion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies