Ron Paul: Mitt's BFF
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:56:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Ron Paul: Mitt's BFF
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Ron Paul: Mitt's BFF  (Read 6527 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2012, 04:50:56 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Correct. I pay attention to the candidate that has actually won several statewide contests during this primary, is in the top two in every national poll (with the other candidates far behind) and stands a chance at winning several more states.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2012, 05:33:57 PM »

I've heard, supposedly, that Mrs. Romney and Mrs. Paul became friends during the 2008 campaign. That might explain it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2012, 06:08:00 PM »

I've heard, supposedly, that Mrs. Romney and Mrs. Paul became friends during the 2008 campaign. That might explain it.

Yeah, what a fighter for the LIBERTY!!! He decides who to attack based on whether or not his wife likes their wife.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2012, 06:19:07 PM »

Yeah, what a fighter for the LIBERTY!!! He decides who to attack based on whether or not his wife likes their wife.
Considering that Paul is using a stealth delegate strategy on Romney, he really does not need to punch him in the face...rather; he is slowly but surely pricking Mitt Romney’s back with poisoned needles.

Vote UKIP!
MasterSanders
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2012, 06:51:27 PM »

I think Ron is trying to lave the way for Rand to be VP.

Phil, perhaps you are being too hard on Rand. Hes closer to a mainstream conservative than his dad.

Have any of you seen how Rand appears at his dad's events? He doesn't look comfortable.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2012, 09:24:04 PM »

Moderator:  Congressman Paul, why did you call Senator Santorum a phony?

Paul:  Because he's a phony.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2012, 12:32:04 PM »

1.  Ron Paul doesn't expect to win.
2.  Mitt Romney is the least offensive and most malleable of the remaining candidates.

therefore

3.  Ron Paul avoids attacking Mitt Romney.

QED.

He hasn't attacked him in any debate throughout the campaign.

Your comment is not inconsistent with mine.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2012, 06:56:56 PM »

Has Mitt complained about Paul getting Democratic votes?
Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2012, 11:07:19 PM »

The same reason he won't run as an Indy. Rand's future in the party would be threatened by it.

Don't worry. We won't let the slightly less insane jackass go anywhere in the party either.
Lol. Who was the only tea partier to be elected senator in 2010? He's in the senate, your guy isn't. As for who Paul has attacked in the debates, it's no coincidence that Rick Santorum has the lion's share. Rick Santorum goes after him in the debates quite a bit. Note that the 2 candidates who left him alone (Huntsman and Romney) were the 2 he didn't attack.

Uh...Rubio wasn't a Tea Partier? And depending on how it's defined, others can be classified as Tea Partiers, too. And my guy was in the Senate for twelve years. What's your point aside from the usual, childish "Haha, your guy lost an election!"?

Sorry I'm late, but our guy didn't lose BY TWENTY FREAKING POINTS!!

Sorry, it needed to be said.  Even in a democratic year, PA's a swing state, and to get clobbered by 20%, well that's the robot saying "DANGER WILL ROBINSON!"
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2012, 11:12:30 PM »

Sure, Santorum did terribly in 2006, but Romney would have done equally bad if he had run for re-election that year, and he did do equally bad in 1994, a much more Republican year.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2012, 11:19:41 PM »

Sure, Santorum did terribly in 2006, but Romney would have done equally bad if he had run for re-election that year, and he did do equally bad in 1994, a much more Republican year.
Let's keep in mind that Romney was running against a KENNEDY in MASSACHUSETTS. The fact that he kept it interesting is a miracle, honestly.
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2012, 02:52:57 AM »

Let's keep in mind that Romney was running against a KENNEDY in MASSACHUSETTS. The fact that he kept it interesting is a miracle, honestly.
And we should also keep in mind that Santorum was running against a Casey in Pennsylvania.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2012, 03:05:29 AM »

I'm actually pretty curious, how do you guys think Mitt would have fared had he run in 2006? I think we're all in agreement that he would have lost, but by how much?

Deval Patrick won in '06 by twenty points. As an incumbent with lots of cash to campaign with, would Mitt have closed the gap? Or was he so unpopular at the time that he would have lost by even more?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2012, 03:21:57 AM »

I'm actually pretty curious, how do you guys think Mitt would have fared had he run in 2006? I think we're all in agreement that he would have lost, but by how much?

Deval Patrick won in '06 by twenty points. As an incumbent with lots of cash to campaign with, would Mitt have closed the gap? Or was he so unpopular at the time that he would have lost by even more?

It honestly depends on if he had consistently been trying to get reelected throughout his term, or if he ran for reelection while still making a rightward shift in preparation for a Presidential run. If the former, I could see him pulling off a win- but he'd never go anywhere in a national GOP primary.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2012, 04:07:34 AM »

It honestly depends on if he had consistently been trying to get reelected throughout his term, or if he ran for reelection while still making a rightward shift in preparation for a Presidential run. If the former, I could see him pulling off a win- but he'd never go anywhere in a national GOP primary.

I think Romney is a decent guy, and I desperately want to believe that he ran for governor with at least some selfless intentions of improving the state. But sometimes it seems like he just saw the job as a launching pad.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies