Romney VP search begins (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:51:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney VP search begins (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney VP search begins  (Read 17732 times)
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« on: April 16, 2012, 06:10:06 PM »

Thune has everything he needs: Midwestern appeal, Washington experience, won't overshadow Romney.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 09:19:25 PM »

Ryan doesn't have any negatives because the democrats haven't passed (or seriously proposed) a budget in three years... They can't criticize a serious budget without drawing attention to the fact that they aren't serious.  That is a major bonus not a negative.  The democrats will not be able to resist creating their own death spiral.  If he isn't the VP Romney risks not being able to defend the slander on Ryan.        

You want to stop the lying?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_United_States_federal_budget
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 09:46:27 PM »

Christie is abrasive and arrogant, we don't need that for our ticket.

He is brash, no doubt about that but he brings some energy to the ticket and people seem to like his style. He isn't my first choice but I'd take him before the boring middle aged white guys like Portman or Thune.

"Boring" is an asset to Romney, who doesn't really posses an energetic personality to begin with. He doesn't want to be overshadowed by his VP like Bentsen did to Dukakis.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 01:32:29 PM »

The 2012 and 2013 Budget proposals were serious proposals. The 2013 budget proposal has a projected deficit $500 BILLION less than 2012. Just because they originated with the opposition party doesn't render them as a joke. I suggest you get a new prescription for your glasses, with 90% less hackery.

Democrats can't pass their pure budget because they are a minority in the house and the rules of filibuster in the Senate mean they can't pass it there either (despite holding a majority). The house has more lax rules, enabling Republicans to "pass" their pure budgets (which are swiftly defeated in the Senate/Oval Office). Of course, neither Democrats nor Republicans have passed a budget that is 100% pure to their party in the past 18 months, because surprise! We have a divided government.

Again, you are lying if you think Democrat proposals "aren't serious." As I would be if I said the Republican (Ryan) plan wasn't serious either.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 01:36:24 PM »

This has what, exactly, do to with the Veepstakes? :puzzled:

It was a response to AmericaNation's fallacious statements earlier in the thread.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 06:46:32 PM »

I agree.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies