Investigation into Secret Service prostitution scandal in Colombia widens
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:53:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Investigation into Secret Service prostitution scandal in Colombia widens
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Investigation into Secret Service prostitution scandal in Colombia widens  (Read 1201 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 19, 2012, 10:16:41 PM »
« edited: April 22, 2012, 02:49:21 PM by Badger »

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-sex-scandal-20120417,0,816419.story

The Pentagon is investigating 10 U.S. military members in a widening inquiry into whether an advance team led by the Secret Service hired prostitutes or engaged in other misconduct before President Obama visited Colombia for a weekend summit, U.S. officials said Monday.
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 11:24:35 PM »

I understand they were forbidden from purchasing such services to minimize the risk of the security operations being compromised but I am starting to get tired of this story receiving so much airtime. Prostitution is not inherently scandalous - so far as I know, none of them were underage - and it is not as if the agents were under the influence of drugs while on protection detail. Why care if these guys party hard at times if they are proficient and consistently deliver their A-game while at work?

It looks ugly and I can see how it was a serious breach of protocol but this story is over-hyped. :<
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 11:26:27 PM »

I am sick of this story and the GSA story- there are many bigger issues
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 12:39:50 AM »

I don't understand why "Obama" is in the thread title, this had nothing to do with him.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 12:46:02 AM »

This has nothing to do with President Obama.  If there's one agency of the government that transcends party, ideology, and individual polticians, it's the Secret Service.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 06:09:01 AM »

It's Winfield, guys, did you expect him to be nonpartisan?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 11:15:48 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2012, 01:53:25 PM by Mitt Romney, Economic Heavyweight »

This has nothing to do with President Obama.  If there's one agency of the government that transcends party, ideology, and individual polticians, it's the Secret Service.

I did not mean to imply that this was an Obama scandal, simply that the members of the Secret Service involved in this affair are assigned to the President.

I meant no disrespect to the President, and apologize for any misunderstanding.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 02:46:41 PM »
« Edited: April 22, 2012, 02:48:29 PM by Badger »

This has nothing to do with President Obama.  If there's one agency of the government that transcends party, ideology, and individual polticians, it's the Secret Service.

I did not mean to imply that this was an Obama scandal, simply that the members of the Secret Service involved in this affair are assigned to the President.

Good. So I'm sure you won't object to my editing the thread title for accuracy's sake.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 03:17:42 PM »

Good. So I'm sure you won't object to my editing the thread title for accuracy's sake.

I object Tongue   There is an interesting push to see if White House staffers were involved.  I wish Carney would just come out and say definitely no and put that part of the story to bed (pun not intended).
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 03:55:44 PM »

I object Tongue   There is an interesting push to see if White House staffers were involved.  I wish Carney would just come out and say definitely no and put that part of the story to bed (pun not intended).

Well, it that's the case, if White House staffers were indeed involved, unlikely, but if that's the case, then the issue becomes did the President find out about this from White House staffers, and did the President and White House staffers attempt to cover anything up?

In such case, it would then turn into Bimbogate.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 04:48:19 PM »

When and if some of that is coroborated, Gramps, or Winnie wants to offer some articles I support we'll review it then... Wink
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 06:42:31 PM »

Well, it that's the case, if White House staffers were indeed involved, unlikely, but if that's the case, then the issue becomes did the President find out about this from White House staffers, and did the President and White House staffers attempt to cover anything up?

In such case, it would then turn into Bimbogate.

Nope.  The agents acknowledge having sex with those women, not named Monica Lewinsky. Wink  (Bimbogate has already been used for several scandals, of which Clinton-Lewinsky is most prominent.)  They just deny knowing that the women were prostitutes.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 08:04:23 AM »

When and if some of that is coroborated, Gramps, or Winnie wants to offer some articles I support we'll review it then... Wink

I want a denial, Badg.   How hard it is to say "no White House staffers were involved, K? Thx. Piss off."
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 12:27:54 PM »

Well at least the White House said they weren't involved.  Investigating themselves is laughable, and Carney's portrayal of the internal investigation reminds me of a tap-dance class, but hey at least they're on record as saying no involvement.

We'll see.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies