would Christie as VP make Pennsylvania a toss-up? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:38:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  would Christie as VP make Pennsylvania a toss-up? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: would Christie as VP make Pennsylvania a toss-up?  (Read 4045 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: April 17, 2012, 11:20:49 AM »

What? Look, you all know how much I love Christie but the thought that he would be the reason why PA would be a toss up is silly. He is very well liked among Republicans (especially with those of us closest to NJ) but, as a running mate, he isn't liked enough by Independent/swing voters to make a big impact.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 08:29:27 AM »

I prefer Corbett over Christie. 

Corbett is also a veteran.

He's a good choice. Why is now one touting him?

He has only been Governor for a year and a half (and this speaks to why Rubio isn't a slam dunk: being a Senator for only a year and a half could bite us) and he isn't that popular.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 09:34:43 AM »

Romney just insulted a bakery beloved in Pennsylvania...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/19/romney-cookie-pennsylvania-bakery_n_1436333.html

He's probably finished there unless he can revisit the bakery with a running mate whose passion for cookies is such that he single-handedly makes their profits skyrocket.  Romney Campaign would have to vet Christie very carefully to see if he's a man who enjoys eating cookies or not.

I knew he'd make a Kerry-esque "cheesesteak with Swiss cheese" remark. Didn't know it would come so soon!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies