McKenna: "I'm not Scott Walker." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:18:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  McKenna: "I'm not Scott Walker." (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: McKenna: "I'm not Scott Walker."  (Read 3827 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: April 18, 2012, 12:55:24 AM »

Not every Republican is embracing Wisconsin’s polarizing governor ahead of his historic recall election.

In Washington state, the presumptive GOP nominee for governor recently assured a local union that he’s “not Scott Walker,” according to audio provided to POLITICO by a Democratic strategist.

Rob McKenna, the two-term attorney general who is aiming to become the Evergreen State’s first Republican governor in more than 30 years, told a gathering of Puget Sound Carpenters last week that he’ll strive for a “positive relationship between labor and management,” even lamenting the agenda pursued by Walker.

“We need to have a good strong relationship between labor and management in this state,” McKenna said at the April 11 meeting, according to the audio that was secretly recorded. “Now unfortunately because of a couple of governors — particularly Scott Walker — everyone thinks that someone who’s going to be a Republican governor, they’re going to be Scott Walker. I’m not Scott Walker. This is not Wisconsin. This is Washington state.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0412/75245.html#ixzz1sMvm3DH9

Heh.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 11:55:28 PM »

Sounds a lot like Scott Walker before Scott Walker got elected.

Scott Walker is perhaps the most honest and strait-forward office holder I've come across (and I'm a historian).

lol
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies