Rank the following ideologies in order of awfulness. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:41:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Rank the following ideologies in order of awfulness. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rank the following ideologies in order of awfulness.  (Read 3272 times)
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« on: April 19, 2012, 10:46:54 AM »

Pol Pot was certainly a Communist by definition (he wanted to have everyone live in communes), and certainly followed Marxist doctrine as far as it could be followed in a preindustrial society.

FWIW, I'd find it dubious that the DNVP would've had a similar government to the Nazis - they were somewhere between Maurice Duplessis and Francisco Franco, not hypergenocidal.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 12:49:43 PM »

You know my opinion of Franco... We ought to keep these Red Spaniards on the back burner... They're lost to democracy, and to that reactionary crew round Franco too... I believe you to the letter, Speer, that they were impressive people. I must say, in general, that during the civil war the idealism was not on Franco's side; it was to be found among the Reds ... one of these days we'll be able to make use of them... The whole thing will start all over again. But with us on the opposite side.

-Adolf Hitler to Albert Speer, January 1943
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies