Anyone with any non-elective political experience? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:20:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Anyone with any non-elective political experience? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone with any non-elective political experience?  (Read 1240 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: April 18, 2012, 09:07:48 PM »

Sounds nice. I think hcallega became a page for DC or something like that. Did you do this while in high school, and if so how did your entire moving and school situation work out?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 09:26:15 PM »

Sounds nice. I think hcallega became a page for DC or something like that. Did you do this while in high school, and if so how did your entire moving and school situation work out?

The United States Senate operates an independnet school, the United States Senate Page School, in the basement of Webster Hall (the page dorm).  Pages enrolled during the fall or spring terms are enrolled in four classes and courses are offered in math, English, science and social sciences.  Tutoring for foreign languages is available.  All classes are taught to AP standards.  For example, I took Calc, Brit Lit, Chemistry and Political Science.  Even though I was not enrolled in any AP classes for that semester, the classes I took at page school were of comparable rigor to Calc AB, AP English Lit, AP Chem, and AP American Government. 

School started promptly at 6:15 a.m. and lasted until an hour before the Senate convened.  If the Senate did not convene that day or did not convene until after 11:30 a.m., then classes ended at 10:45 a.m.  We would typically have full class days on Mondays (because the Senate wouldn't come in until after lunch) and on Fridays (because the Senate doesn't typically convene on Fridays).  On days that the Senate did not adjourn until after 9 p.m., all homework assignements from the day before were not due and no tests could be given the next day.  If the Senate went past 10 p.m., classes for the next day were cancelled.  One time we went until 3 a.m.

Students earned 0.5 credits for every class taken, plus a credit for "cooperative education" for paging.  Because my school operated on a semester-based system where a student earns a whole credit every semester, I came back behind on credits.  I am currently doing "Credit Recovery" to catch back up, but its really easy and I won't have any problem graduating with on-time.

Wow. I can't imagine being ready for school at 6:15 when I can't even get to my 7:30 school on time. Tongue I can see how my love for comedy central would get in the way of my work too. Damn.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 10:24:57 PM »

Plans right now are to become an elections inspector & to elect someone a state delegate for Ron Paul.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies