when will the secular apocalypse occur? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:27:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  when will the secular apocalypse occur? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: when will the secular apocalypse occur?  (Read 4519 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 19, 2012, 03:11:23 PM »

obviously, I don't believe in a secular apocalypse...but post-apocalyptic movies have always interested me....Mad Max and Day of the Dead are 2 of my favorites.

though, since becoming a Christian, I don't think I've seen any recent post-apocalyptic movies.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 09:20:03 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2012, 09:28:51 AM by consigliere jmfcst »

this thread prompted me to have the family watch The Day After last night for a few laughs.

The film is so anti-Reagan (the original version had an actor portraying Reagan's voice during the national radio address after the attack, with a speech full of stupid platitudes), anti-Defense (it even makes a point to use a destroyed version of the famous Kansas City WWII Memorial as a major prop), and anti-Gun (the funniest part being when Steve Guttenberg hitches a ride and appears very disturbed by the fact the person giving him the ride has a rifle in his gun rack...as if one is going to be worried about a gun rack while trying to escape a nuclear attack.  Ha!  You can't make this stuff up.).

The real-life general on board the EC-135 Looking Glass who looks like a Catholic priest is a dude, though.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 11:50:26 AM »

The Day After also mocks Christianity - young Christian couple having sex before their wedding rehearsal, the girl fighting with her sister over her IUD, arguing with her dad about staying out all night...it even mocks Revelation when it shows the after-war church service and the pastor, who prays to God in King James language, tries to make sense of Christians left on earth to suffer in a post-apocalyptic world.

But, of course, the movie is wrong in every facet of it's point of view:  wrong because Reagan's policies did not lead to war, rather they led us to victory in the cold war within 8 years...wrong because the US can't change the world by unilaterally laying down our arms...wrong because the apocalyptical war will not be fought between capitalism and communism, instead it will be fought due to the struggle over the Holy Land...wrong because Christians will not be here to see that war...wrong because the bible is not wrong in its prophecies.

The movie failed to scare the US, neither its leadership nor its people, into surrendering its military strength or its Christian identity...that would have to wait for Obama.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 01:38:13 PM »

Secular Apocalypse 1 Billion yrs and counting===== Sun begins to lose heat and begin turning into a black hole and from its gravitational pull suck all the planets in and thus everything turns to dust and there will be no sign of life ever existed on this planet.

the sun is not massive enough to turn into a black hole
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies