MA: Establishment of the Mideast Food Safety and Inspection Service (Final Vote) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:25:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MA: Establishment of the Mideast Food Safety and Inspection Service (Final Vote) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Establishment of the Mideast Food Safety and Inspection Service (Final Vote)  (Read 2380 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« on: April 22, 2012, 09:02:31 AM »

This bill is based on an example from Florida, but similar agencies exist in other US states as well.

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/fs/index.html

While all members of this body probably prefer small-government to big-government solutions, I believe that the establishment of a "Food Safety and Inspection Service" agency can be considered reasonable and justifiable. Indeed, the aim of the agency is to guarantee safe food supply for Mideast citizens, which I think is of prime importance in a civilized society.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 12:46:08 PM »

Your input is appreciated, fellow Assemblymembers. Wink
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 02:21:03 PM »

JCL: Do you have an idea how to formulate the ideas you have?
And regarding your question about the revenue - that's a good question. We don't have an official budget at the moment, which renders all these financial questions extremely abstract. But to answer this question, I suppose the money for such an agency would come from the Department of Agriculture and which should ideally be saved elsewhere within the Department.

shua: You raise an important question. It was my initial idea that, since the agency is part of the Department of Agriculture, it would be the task of said Department to control the agency. But it might be advisable to include certain provisions in the bill which specify what the limitations of the agency are. Do you have any suggestion?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 04:39:52 AM »

Would it help if we limited food inspections to, for example, maximally two times a year in the same food establishment?
We could also define the procedure of an appeal: If the owner of a food establishment is not content with the findings of the food inspectors, he/she may appeal to an independent court, and the owner of that particular food establishment only has to bear the costs of the appeal if the court agrees with the findings of the food inspectors.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 03:26:54 PM »

Yes, I'd like some input on my last post, which will possibly result in an amendment to improve the points shua mentioned.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 04:47:03 AM »

I'd like to introduce the following amendment:

Establishment of the Mideast Food Safety and Inspection Service

1. a) The Mideast Food Safety and Inspection Service is hereby established.

1. b) The Mideast Food Safety and Inspection Service is a division of the Mideast Department of Agriculture.

2. a) The Mideast Food Safety and Inspection Service is responsible for assuring the public of a safe and wholesome food supply.

2. b) In order to enforce the purpose of subsection 2. a), the division has the following competences:

- the inspection of food establishments
- the inspection of food products
- the performance of specialized laboratory analyses of food products sold or produced in the Mideast.

2. c) Food inspectors shall not inspect the same food establishment more than twice a year. If food inspectors impose sanctions on a food establishment, the owner of the food establishment in question has the right to appeal to the regional industrial court at first instance. The owner of the food establishment in question shall only bear the costs of the case if the decision of the food inspectors is upheld.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 04:56:13 AM »

It's your bill.  If you just want it substituted, just let me know.

Yes, go ahead. Incorporate the additional text into the bill. Thanks!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 02:07:44 PM »

Half sobbing, half smiling I cast my last vote as a member of this body:

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies