4/20 plans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:31:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  4/20 plans
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: 4/20 plans  (Read 16564 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2012, 03:53:51 PM »

I hope you're going to be consistent with your anti-drug stance by not drinking alcohol or smoking tobacco either.

Correct; I abhor all those activities.

At this juncture, perhaps I'll smoke a pipe and drink when older.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2012, 03:55:48 PM »

I'm not planning on it.  I can't stand the smell of either tobacco or alcohol.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2012, 03:57:02 PM »

I'm not planning on it.  I can't stand the smell of either tobacco or alcohol.

I applaud you. Perhaps I'll hate both.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2012, 03:57:23 PM »

Where is the prudery? Some - no, most - people simply don't want to smoke. It's "self righteous" when we look down on people that do but it's ok if the non-smokers are mocked for not "allowing themselves to get high?" And we have to explain to you why we don't want to get high? So my values have to meet yours or at least be explained because they're so "strange?" And I'm self righteous? Please.

No, we just don't need lectures about what we choose to do with our lives. If you don't smoke, good for you. Makes no difference to me.

But then again, you vote Santorum so I suppose other people's personal lives are a matter of great importance for you.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2012, 04:04:57 PM »

Where is the prudery? Some - no, most - people simply don't want to smoke. It's "self righteous" when we look down on people that do but it's ok if the non-smokers are mocked for not "allowing themselves to get high?" And we have to explain to you why we don't want to get high? So my values have to meet yours or at least be explained because they're so "strange?" And I'm self righteous? Please.

No one asked for an explanation, I just find your values to be odd and perhaps misplaced. What is the value in not experiencing marijuana? How is there any intrinsic or extrinsic value in that? (rhetorical questions, don't bother answering them please)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2012, 04:06:59 PM »

Wait, wait, wait- somehow I'm morally superior because I prefer not to waste my time being stupid and getting high/drunk?  Thanks for the info.

For the record, it doesn't matter that I'm not in college or "of age" yet.  I don't smoke weed and I don't plan on smoking weed because that is my personal decision not to.  I don't judge and I honestly don't care what other people do because I am not part of the "in-crowd."
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2012, 04:07:33 PM »

I hope you're going to be consistent with your anti-drug stance by not drinking alcohol or smoking tobacco either.

Because they're bourgeois enough to fit your constructed personality, perhaps? Tongue
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2012, 04:10:56 PM »

Wait, wait, wait- somehow I'm morally superior because I prefer not to waste my time being stupid and getting high/drunk?  Thanks for the info.

For the record, it doesn't matter that I'm not in college or "of age" yet.  I don't smoke weed and I don't plan on smoking weed because that is my personal decision not to.  I don't judge and I honestly don't care what other people do because I am not part of the "in-crowd."

Posting on the Atlas forum sober is somehow a more preferable and productive time than posting on the Atlas forum under the influence? I don't get it. Most time isn't utilized in a productive manner. It sounds like you don't want to smoke because you want to separate yourself from others who you view as being in the in-crowd.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2012, 04:14:31 PM »

Because they're bourgeois enough to fit your constructed personality, perhaps? Tongue

I happen to think pipe-smoking looks marvelous, so I suppose.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2012, 04:16:01 PM »

That and the self-righteousness and moral outrage from non-smokers is incredibly annoying.

Yes, that and the fact that they seem to believe it is a big deal one way or the other.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2012, 04:17:28 PM »

Posting on the Atlas forum sober is somehow a more preferable and productive time than posting on the Atlas forum under the influence? I don't get it. Most time isn't utilized in a productive manner. It sounds like you don't want to smoke because you want to separate yourself from others who you view as being in the in-crowd.

I already said, the reason why I don't want to get high is that it does not seem like a very fulfilling activity to me- in other words, it isn't my taste.  If someone else wants to get high, I leave them be instead of telling them why they shouldn't.  But I find many of the presumptions being made on this thread rather insulting; typical high school-like peer pressure.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2012, 04:21:40 PM »

I just met T-PAW, if that means anything. Pics coming next week Wink
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2012, 04:24:55 PM »

I presume your T-Paw is different from our T-Paw.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2012, 04:41:50 PM »

It was Tim Pawlenty, if thats your question Wink

He looks younger and is a better speaker in person. Very nice guy, and Adam Hasner introduced me to him and sent some undeserved compliments my way. I also saw my counties GOP chair...I finally understand what the "phonys" in the Catcher in the Rye are.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2012, 04:59:39 PM »

It was Tim Pawlenty, if thats your question Wink

He looks younger and is a better speaker in person. Very nice guy, and Adam Hasner introduced me to him and sent some undeserved compliments my way. I also saw my counties GOP chair...I finally understand what the "phonys" in the Catcher in the Rye are.

Now don't go shooting the phonies up. Glad you got to meet him-especially in person!

But what does this have to do with marijuana?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2012, 06:06:27 PM »

I was curious so I googled jenkem.  I wish I hadn't. 

Got 'em.

Why wouldn't you want to experience getting high, at least once? I can understand not wanting to use frequently but not wanting to experience the feeling at all? That's a strange sentiment to me.

Ain't no way I'm sucking the stank, not even for a buzz.  I respect every little Ugandans right to do it, but it's just not for me. 
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2012, 10:28:34 PM »

I did not partake this year, but I did manage to get my hands on some purple carrots.  Scrumptious!

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2012, 10:30:45 PM »

I know this is not the meaning of "4/20", but the only thing I think of for 4/20/12 is the 13th anniversary of the Columbine School Shootings.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2012, 08:12:00 AM »

No, we just don't need lectures about what we choose to do with our lives. If you don't smoke, good for you. Makes no difference to me.

But then again, you vote Santorum so I suppose other people's personal lives are a matter of great importance for you.

...and if you actually bothered to read some of the posts here and my response, you'll see that non-smokers are getting something like a lecture on how we ought to get high or at least explain our "strange" feelings against it. That is telling me what to do with my life but I know it's easier to avoid that so you can make a predictable but seriously reaching Santorum comment.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2012, 08:51:35 AM »

...and if you actually bothered to read some of the posts here and my response, you'll see that non-smokers are getting something like a lecture on how we ought to get high or at least explain our "strange" feelings against it. That is telling me what to do with my life but I know it's easier to avoid that so you can make a predictable but seriously reaching Santorum comment.

No-one is telling you to get high if you don't want to. Unlike the people you support, we respect yr. right to choose. Just don't come into this thread and act morally superior to us.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2012, 10:02:14 AM »

We made it.  Despite the lack of Lebensraum in the two-man tent, the boy slept comfortably through the night.

I guess we'll have to go on a real camping trip now, when the weather gets a little warmer.  (And by real camping I mean in the back yard, of course.)

What shall we do to celebrate April 21?  Maybe taking the tent outside to sleep with the wolves, like Romulus and Remus, might be appropriate.  Bit cold for me, though.  

They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2012, 10:15:33 AM »

4/20 is National Marijuana Day, the anniversary of the Columbine shootings, Adolf Hitler's birthday, the anniversary of the opening of both Fenway Park and Tiger Stadium, John Paul Stevens' birthday, George Takei's birthday, Don Mattingly's birthday and yesterday was the National Day of Silence, a movement created for people of all sexual orientations to remain silent in support of gay rights.

Weeeeee
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2012, 11:11:25 AM »

the National Day of Silence, a movement created for people of all sexual orientations to remain silent in support of gay rights.

I hate slacktivism like that even more than stoner "culture."
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2012, 11:13:18 AM »

the National Day of Silence, a movement created for people of all sexual orientations to remain silent in support of gay rights.

Meh, make of it what you will, but a lot of people participated in it. It was pretty big in my school. Of course, because I can't keep my mouth shut for more than 5 minutes, I was with it only in spirit.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2012, 11:22:00 AM »

Meh, make of it what you will, but a lot of people participated in it. It was pretty big in my school. Of course, because I can't keep my mouth shut for more than 5 minutes, I was with it only in spirit.

Kids at your school can get away with not participating in class all day?

Well, they didn't have to talk. But the school is really on the balls of their feet because recently a girl was molested by an athletic trainer and it is HUGE round here.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies