4/20 plans (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:09:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  4/20 plans (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 4/20 plans  (Read 16685 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: April 20, 2012, 12:33:51 PM »

Going camping with the boy.  Well, actually I set up a two-man White Stag tent in the living room with air mattresses and sleeping bags, so we'll have carpet below us and a roof over our heads, but it'll be his first camping trip.  If it goes well, I may actually take it outside when the weather warms us. 

Oh, and I got a couple of mid-50s Andrzej Wajda films to watch.  I think one is about the Warsaw resistance during world war II, but that may have to wait till tomorrow because the tent door faces the big screen TV and I imagine the boy will want to watch cartoons till he falls asleep.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 02:21:57 PM »

I was curious so I googled jenkem.  I wish I hadn't. 
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 02:40:30 PM »

It really saddens to me to think of all the young people who are stupidly throwing their lives away by refusing to get high. Sad

Virtually every upper-middle I know had an attitude about it when they entered college. Very few made it through the next four years without becoming at least an occasional user.

They certainly make it look easy on paper, don't they.  

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 06:06:27 PM »

I was curious so I googled jenkem.  I wish I hadn't. 

Got 'em.

Why wouldn't you want to experience getting high, at least once? I can understand not wanting to use frequently but not wanting to experience the feeling at all? That's a strange sentiment to me.

Ain't no way I'm sucking the stank, not even for a buzz.  I respect every little Ugandans right to do it, but it's just not for me. 
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 10:02:14 AM »

We made it.  Despite the lack of Lebensraum in the two-man tent, the boy slept comfortably through the night.

I guess we'll have to go on a real camping trip now, when the weather gets a little warmer.  (And by real camping I mean in the back yard, of course.)

What shall we do to celebrate April 21?  Maybe taking the tent outside to sleep with the wolves, like Romulus and Remus, might be appropriate.  Bit cold for me, though.  

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 12:12:39 PM »

Just because the thread is about smoking ...

Ah, I had assumed it was about Adolf Hitler's birth.  Well, at first, when I first saw the title then I thought, "A Hitler thread by intent.  No Godwin necessary."  Then I thought, "nah, I'm a history buff, and I recently read Erik Larson's Tiergarten and Leon Uris' Armageddon and some other stuff, and I frequently watch the Nazi Channel, but how many people know, off the top of their heads, the birthday of Hitler.  Then again, if there's anywhere in the world that weirdos who happen to know the date of Hitler's birth congregate in large numbers, it has to be this forum."  Then I clicked on it and saw nothing other than folks saying that they were getting high, or taking a lady friend to a sushi bar, and pretty quickly realized it was about reefer day. 

I still haven't figured out what clarence's pun was. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies