what are some of the traditional political divides within states (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:14:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  what are some of the traditional political divides within states (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: what are some of the traditional political divides within states  (Read 8478 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 20, 2012, 01:16:17 AM »

WV: The eastern panhandle is much more Republican than the rest of the state.

KY: This is kinda north-south; the counties in the south-central region are Republican while  almost everywhere else is Democratic or competitive.

MS: Pretty obvious; outside of the delta, there are only a few pockets of Democratic strength.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 01:22:50 AM »

North Georgia is heavily Republican, with its loyal to party roots going all the way back to the 1800s.

I thought north GA was pretty friendly to Zell Miller type Dems.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 05:56:47 PM »

Historically, TN is pretty easy; everything around or east of Knoxville is Republican while Middle TN  and the delta is Democratic.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 03:14:50 AM »

North Georgia is heavily Republican, with its loyal to party roots going all the way back to the 1800s.

I thought north GA was pretty friendly to Zell Miller type Dems.

I assumed this was more of a national/Presidential discussion on state divides. There are levels to how the regions in Georgia vote depending on whether it's local, state or national. For example, Chattooga County, Georgia still hasn't had a Republican elected to local office. They continue to support Democrats at the state and national level by larger margins despite being surrounded by staunch Republicanism, but the area will probably never vote for a Democratic president again. It's an isolated, older community. This would be a more accurate display of local/state trends:

Wow, are there any other counties like this? Even more remarkable as a 67% McCain county.

I'm sure there are quite a few in Arkansas and West Virginia.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies