Opinion of Andrew Jackson (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:37:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Andrew Jackson (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Hero or Jerkass?
Freedom Fighter

Neutral

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Opinion of Andrew Jackson  (Read 2942 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: April 20, 2012, 09:26:34 AM »
« edited: April 20, 2012, 09:36:26 AM by MechaRepublican »

Total SUper Duper HP.

In fact I might even consider him in the top running for the worst president ever.  The man was a total psycho and an authoritarian.  He shot people just for the hell of it and he bemoaned vote by the educated.  Sure, I am all a fan for anti-elitist bashing, but there was a significant difference between the ideology that Thomas Jefferson believed in and the one that Andrew Jackson did.
Second, Andrew Jackson tried to subvert American Democracy and turned it into American Monarchy.  This ironically, would make him bedfellows with the elite Federalists of early America he claimed to so despise.  If he weren't a ruddy-poo Scot-Irish hick Alexander Hamilton might've called this guy "friend" and had a game of cards with him.  The Indian Removal Act is a classic example of the disdain that King Andrew had for checks and balances that was made to prevent exactly what he got away with.  Is it any wonder why many politicians no longer care about concepts like "Constitutionality" when a long ass time ago Andrew Jackson took such concepts and wiped his ass with them?
And thirdly, the Spoils System!  I mean really, my god man.

I mean really, besides white male suffrage (which meant little in that the President now had more power than the other two branches due to King Jackson's reign) what was good about Jackson's presidency?

It's almost as if Andrew Jackson was the prototype for the many egoholic powertrippers we've had in office since then.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies