France 2012: Official Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:35:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France 2012: Official Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 37
Author Topic: France 2012: Official Results Thread  (Read 145275 times)
Ⓐnarchy in the ☭☭☭P!
ModernBourbon Democrat

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: May 06, 2012, 02:39:22 PM »

I don't see why anyone's making a big deal about this. The differences between Hollande and Sarkozy so far as policies goes are infinitesimal, and we knew that Hollande was going to win the minute he won the runoff.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #676 on: May 06, 2012, 02:40:59 PM »

lol Flanby will be President. Haha. Epic fail for the Poison Dwarf, defeated by the guy who has the appearance of a creme caramel.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #677 on: May 06, 2012, 02:44:47 PM »

Sarkozy out, now all those people of which the main job was to hit on him will have to, eventually, try to do some 'politics' now...

They have totally irresponsibly put all problems on Sarkozy during years and years (lol, kinda even before than he was president), and promised (and still promising right now with Hollande speech) a lot of change only thanks to the removal of a man. Well, thankfully Hollande remains more humble than Sarkozy was in 2007, but still, they shouldn't play like they did with the problems and the hopes of people, Sarkozy played a lot with xenophobia feeling, the Left played a lot with the hopes and problems of people, if they can't have a success, the backlash could be terrible.

That being said, it's indeed pleasant(!) to see all those poor bad clowns out.

I don't see why anyone's making a big deal about this. The differences between Hollande and Sarkozy so far as policies goes are infinitesimal, and we knew that Hollande was going to win the minute he won the runoff.

again:

...get the feeling of getting rid of Bush 43. Then that's the French version.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #678 on: May 06, 2012, 02:45:25 PM »

Is that supposed to be a bad thing? Creme caramel is delicious.

Also this is all very good news. Hollande seems like a good guy.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #679 on: May 06, 2012, 02:46:34 PM »

Hollande can actually (and purposedly) be funny (and doesn't need 20 guys to write his jokes Tongue, he makes it alone), well, the main good thing of this election might be the psychological effect, oh gosh, would become far less tense, at least a for a few coming days...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #680 on: May 06, 2012, 02:47:26 PM »

Oh, sure. But already mentioned. Haute-Loire as well.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And you're still capable of making halfway intelligent comments about elections. Quite a trooper.
But only halfway.

Also, buzz starting to wear off. Hmmm... I still have some applewine kicking around the house... also an unopened bottle of... no, better not to go there. Gotta work tomorrow. (Danish Aquavit, in case you wondered, but I won't.)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #681 on: May 06, 2012, 02:48:37 PM »

I have a question- I read Hollande divorced Segolene Royal...did that cause any dynamic? Did Royal endorse him?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #682 on: May 06, 2012, 02:48:45 PM »

Why isn't Belfort in the Alsace région?
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #683 on: May 06, 2012, 02:50:15 PM »

I have a question- I read Hollande divorced Segolene Royal...did that cause any dynamic? Did Royal endorse him?

She surprisingly turned sane, and yes, did, she even has been one his biggest fighters.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #684 on: May 06, 2012, 02:51:27 PM »

She surprisingly turned sane, and yes, did, she even has been one his biggest fighters.
The separation was in 2007, of course, but yeah the fact that they used to be an item is one of those things you try to wrap your head around, fail, and then forget all about until clarence reminds you of it. Smiley
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #685 on: May 06, 2012, 02:53:31 PM »

Why isn't Belfort in the Alsace région?

It was, but, because of their "heroic resistance" in 1870 war, Prussia led them to France, while taking the rest of Alsace, if I remember well.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #686 on: May 06, 2012, 02:54:23 PM »

Castres is always so national:

Hollande 51,2
Sarkozy 48,8

Oh, Sarkozy just confirmed he will never run for Président again, ah well, if in the future we get MLP as the biggest figurehead fo the Right/Far-Right, who knows, maybe a lot of people call him to 'pleaaase come back!', hmm, would still be surprising, nobody imagines calling Bush 43 back, right? Then, it would be defnitely over for him, once again:

rob in cal
« Reply #687 on: May 06, 2012, 02:55:25 PM »

Where does Hollande stand on the immigration issue.  Is he for keeping things similar to now or for more immigration?  (I'm guessing he's not for less immigration per year).  Just curious in that he clearly won the vote of hundreds of thousands of MLP voters today, and since immigration is one key factor in the NF vote was wondering how he appealed to them.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #688 on: May 06, 2012, 02:56:24 PM »

Hollande and Royal were never married in first place.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #689 on: May 06, 2012, 02:57:18 PM »

Back again after drinking some celebratory cider from Brittany. Very nice as well.

So, anyway, a point of interest already: Hollande carries the Territoire de Belfort.

Not by far.
Sarkozy's map seems to be (again) more FN than in the first round.

Sarkozy won Manche only by 50.1 !
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #690 on: May 06, 2012, 02:58:01 PM »

Back again after drinking some celebratory cider from Brittany. Very nice as well.

So, anyway, a point of interest already: Hollande carries the Territoire de Belfort.

Not by far.

Lol.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #691 on: May 06, 2012, 02:59:01 PM »

Where does Hollande stand on the immigration issue.  Is he for keeping things similar to now or for more immigration?  (I'm guessing he's not for less immigration per year).  Just curious in that he clearly won the vote of hundreds of thousands of MLP voters today, and since immigration is one key factor in the NF vote was wondering how he appealed to them.

All I really remember about this is that both candidates are ridiculously racist against the Roma (as most of the population of Europe seems to still be for some inexplicable reason).
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #692 on: May 06, 2012, 03:00:46 PM »

Not by far.

You are probably happy, Fab.

"Entre 51 et 52 pour Hollande, ce serait une grosse déception et un Mélenchon et des Verts revenus dans le jeu législatif, ainsi qu’une droite soulagée et plus à même d’affronter le problème FN."

After all, maybe Buisson was right : France is structurally right-wing.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #693 on: May 06, 2012, 03:01:05 PM »

MLP definitely won the battle of ideas (with a big help of Sarkozy), PS inflexed its traditional positions on immigration, at least in the rhetoric, we have to see what happens in real now, and Hollande globally said something like he would control immigration more and just take what we need in term of employment.

I don't know if there is a serious analysis about the actual report of MLP voters so far, but the point being that she played a lot on the defeat of the Right, so some people might have done a strategical vote, but not sure it would be that big...
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #694 on: May 06, 2012, 03:02:06 PM »

Hollande falls not far short of adding what seems to have never been pink (at least, not since the President's of the Fifth Republic were directly elected); Sarkozy winning Manche 50.1 - 49.9
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #695 on: May 06, 2012, 03:02:47 PM »

All I really remember about this is that both candidates are ridiculously racist against

No, you will never find any racist word of attitude from Hollande.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #696 on: May 06, 2012, 03:03:07 PM »

Pas-de-Calais is 56% for Hollande.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #697 on: May 06, 2012, 03:04:53 PM »

So are these numbers going to hold at Hollande doing significantly better than the exit polls predicted? Because it looks like the remaining areas aren't that pro-Sarkozy.

ed: and as I say that a big dump comes in and Hollande drops to 53.7%
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #698 on: May 06, 2012, 03:05:14 PM »

All I really remember about this is that both candidates are ridiculously racist against

No, you will never find any racist word of attitude from Hollande.

I seem to recall Hollande trying to outdo Sarkozy on extravagant promises to evict Roma from such-and-such a place at least once. Am I misremembering? (I hope I am, because I otherwise quite like Hollande.)
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #699 on: May 06, 2012, 03:06:01 PM »

Oh wow, all those South-West dpts, a lot between 58 and 65, South-West still at it! yay!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies