France 2012: Official Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:30:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  France 2012: Official Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37
Author Topic: France 2012: Official Results Thread  (Read 144658 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: May 06, 2012, 05:56:02 PM »

Remember 2009 when these guys were nearly beaten by the Greens? Tonight's win is incredible.

That's one of the biggest Sarkozy's achievement, along with Libya.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #801 on: May 06, 2012, 05:56:50 PM »

Bouches-du-Rhone:

Sarkozy: 52.8%
Hollande: 47.2%
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #802 on: May 06, 2012, 05:57:03 PM »

So, Hollande finished below Mitterrand'81. Huzzah.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #803 on: May 06, 2012, 05:59:03 PM »

Almost identically. Mitterrand 1981: 51.76%. Hollande in 2012 (with 99.9% reporting): 51.7%
Andrea
Italy
« Reply #804 on: May 06, 2012, 06:00:54 PM »

Hollande wins Seine-Saint-Denis 65.3% to 34.7% Grin

Correze lost it's first place, lol.

Tulle saved its honnor with 75 Tongue

but Saint Denis municipality: 77.78%
All those Royals buried in the cathedral are turning in their grave every time
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #805 on: May 06, 2012, 06:01:24 PM »

Is the ex-pat vote expected tonight? Or is one of those things that'll take them a few days to figure out?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #806 on: May 06, 2012, 06:01:30 PM »

Anyone have a feeling about how the narrowness of Hollande's victory will impact the legislative elections.  I'm wondering if the rightwing parties will be reenergized because Sarkozy's loss wasnt as big as many expected.

Well, the Right/Far-Right is entering in the storm now, no matter the score of this election, a storm that began on the 22nd of April...

And there is not 'the right wing parties', there are 'some different right-wing parties'.

And maybe some new things happening on the Centre too.

How to deal with the Right is simple, IMO. The Left must embrace French identity, get tough on immigration. No one likes to feel their culture under threat.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #807 on: May 06, 2012, 06:03:55 PM »

Oh gosh, Hollande exciting crowds with CHANGE! on La Bastille, and using totally empty expression brought up by Sarkozy out of nowhere during this campaign 'Peuple de France', nobody ever used this thing before, so creux.

Philippe Corti used it in Intervilles, a few years ago (but I doubt than many here will understand of what I'm talking).
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #808 on: May 06, 2012, 06:08:29 PM »

So do I win?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://leftie501.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/my-2012-predictions/
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #809 on: May 06, 2012, 06:10:36 PM »

Almost identically. Mitterrand 1981: 51.76%. Hollande in 2012 (with 99.9% reporting): 51.7%

With French abroad, I hope it will be 51.5, not more Tongue

Don't be too sad, Antonio.
When you see the first polls for legislative elections, a 1997 scenario is likely.
Of course, between now and June 10th and 17th, there will be many impediments for him: Merkel, Moody's and Fitch, financiel markets, problems in Afghanistan, Melenchon, all the potential ministers who won't be ministers, etc.
Still, I'm doubtful the left won't be able to have a majority.
The problem: will the PS be able to have a mjority on its own ?
How have they been so stupid to give so many potential seats to the Greens ?!
Irepeat myself, but...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #810 on: May 06, 2012, 06:10:54 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2012, 06:13:16 PM by Benwah [why on Earth do I post something] Courseyay »

Anyone have a feeling about how the narrowness of Hollande's victory will impact the legislative elections.  I'm wondering if the rightwing parties will be reenergized because Sarkozy's loss wasnt as big as many expected.

Well, the Right/Far-Right is entering in the storm now, no matter the score of this election, a storm that began on the 22nd of April...

And there is not 'the right wing parties', there are 'some different right-wing parties'.

How to deal with the Right is simple, IMO. The Left must embrace French identity, get tough on immigration. No one likes to feel their culture under threat.

Once again, you don't know enough Marine Le Pen, to think it's easy to counter her on those topics, and Sarkozy having made a huge 'French kiss' (amusing to use it here) to her ideas during the 2 last years while looking far less credible than her doing blatant pitiful electoralism (you should watch a video compilation of someone called Claude Guéant, amongst other ones), the Left can do nothing against the groth of those ideas here.

Also, about those kinds of topics, and overall French identity, it's something they work on since 5 years, Ségolène Royal did a lot of jobs on those topics, and while they all loathed at her, they all kissed her ideas and are using it now.

Once again, Nicolas and Ségolène both lost, but the 'ideas' of both of them won.

Also, imo, trying to blatantly suck at electoralism helps nobody, no matter people agree with you or not, I think most of the time they prefer people with convictions than people who try pitifully seduce them (hello Obama! how are you??).

Oh gosh, Hollande exciting crowds with CHANGE! on La Bastille, and using totally empty expression brought up by Sarkozy out of nowhere during this campaign 'Peuple de France', nobody ever used this thing before, so creux.

Philippe Corti used it in Intervilles, a few years ago (but I doubt than many here will understand of what I'm talking).

lol, thanks for this historical record Smiley.

Loved it as a kid, should watch again. Grin
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #811 on: May 06, 2012, 06:17:07 PM »

Anyone have a feeling about how the narrowness of Hollande's victory will impact the legislative elections.  I'm wondering if the rightwing parties will be reenergized because Sarkozy's loss wasnt as big as many expected.

Once again, you don't know enough Marine Le Pen, to think it's easy to counter her on those topics, and Sarkozy having made a huge 'French kiss' (amusing to use it here) to her ideas during the 2 last years while looking far less credible than her doing blatant pitiful electoralism (you should watch a video compilation of someone called Claude Guéant, amongst other ones), the Left can do nothing against the groth of those ideas here.

Eh, who says it must be only electoralism without convictions? If you look at French history it is not barren for people on the Left at all... why should French identity be surrendered to the fascists? It reminds me of how American liberals fail to dispute conservative interpretations of the US Constitution.

I agree I do not know about Marine Le Pen as you, I just look at the comments on websites in English, such as the Guardian. I note that most people on the Guardian have positive things to say about her... on a left-wing British website? Why do most people have positive things to say about her? Because, they say, a country has the right to defend its identity, culture. I only know what I read. But perhaps that helps explain the success of FN.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #812 on: May 06, 2012, 06:18:13 PM »

With French abroad, I hope it will be 51.5, not more Tongue

Don't be too sad, Antonio.
When you see the first polls for legislative elections, a 1997 scenario is likely.
Of course, between now and June 10th and 17th, there will be many impediments for him: Merkel, Moody's and Fitch, financiel markets, problems in Afghanistan, Melenchon, all the potential ministers who won't be ministers, etc.
Still, I'm doubtful the left won't be able to have a majority.
The problem: will the PS be able to have a mjority on its own ?
How have they been so stupid to give so many potential seats to the Greens ?!
Irepeat myself, but...

Meh, I don't know what to expect anymore. I'm on "wait and see" mode from now on. What I think we need ? We need an absolute majority for the PS, and a solid left win. Ideally 350-400 seats, of which over 300 for the PS. What I think will happen ? No idea. Hell, the right might even pull a win. The voters seem to have gone utterly crazy...
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #813 on: May 06, 2012, 06:29:14 PM »

Let's see (tomorrow, it's late now Wink) the polls for the legislatives, the result polls and the maps. Unfortunately, it will be hard for the right, I think.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #814 on: May 06, 2012, 06:30:21 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2012, 06:32:31 PM by Benwah [why on Earth do I post something] Courseyay »

Anyone have a feeling about how the narrowness of Hollande's victory will impact the legislative elections.  I'm wondering if the rightwing parties will be reenergized because Sarkozy's loss wasnt as big as many expected.

Eh, who says it must be only electoralism without convictions? If you look at French history it is not barren for people on the Left at all... why should French identity be surrendered to the fascists? It reminds me of how American liberals fail to dispute conservative interpretations of the US Constitution.

I agree I do not know about Marine Le Pen as you, I just look at the comments on websites in English, such as the Guardian. I note that most people on the Guardian have positive things to say about her... on a left-wing British website? Why do most people have positive things to say about her? Because, they say, a country has the right to defend its identity, culture. I only know what I read. But perhaps that helps explain the success of FN.

Oh, the Guardian? Did they hear her comments after the killings in Toulouse and Montauban, just to take the most blatant example of what she can say. She totally irresponsibly exploits racist and xenophobic sentiments by throwing all the contempt she can, and overall against a community which really doesn't need it, especially nowadays, the 'Muslim community' (in case we can make a whole community of it, but that's what most French people do anyways), a 'community' which might be about 10% of the population, and which, in this country, is touched by most problems that can occur in this society.

That's what can be easily called a 'catch-all-populism', so that's mainly someone throwing things that people wanna hear with a quite far-rightist taint, to say the least, and in the meantime trying to display some sane things to look credible, because, unlike her father, she apparently actually wants the power.

And I'm not discussing, nor judging, the fact to put forth the 'national identity', it's not my business here, people defend the political ideas they want, and if PS want to defend it that's their business, the point just being that they go toward in a rather not genuine way, far more in an electoralist way, which is more a problem, playing with fire can burn, if you don't really control fire.

Ah, well, about The Guardian, English try hard but could never get French apparently... Grin
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #815 on: May 06, 2012, 06:36:26 PM »

Oh gosh Morano exciting herself on TV, for this only it can be the joy tonight, come to think about it! we gonna get rid of her!!
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #816 on: May 06, 2012, 06:45:14 PM »

tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #817 on: May 06, 2012, 06:45:30 PM »

Jerusalem? Berlin? Nicosia? No, Paris. Grin

Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #818 on: May 06, 2012, 07:30:36 PM »

If it wasn't for a one electoral region there, in the South-East, the Sarkozy majority parts could form a contiguous area.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #819 on: May 06, 2012, 07:34:40 PM »

The geographically highly polarized Paris - and boy was it highly polarized - 78% Sarko on the far west end to 72% Hollande on the opposite side.

batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« Reply #820 on: May 06, 2012, 07:39:31 PM »

If it wasn't for a one electoral region there, in the South-East, the Sarkozy majority parts could form a contiguous area.

You can bet the northwestern half voted for him (while the southeastern one would've gone heavily for Hollande). So, just look as if It was two, and you'll get your contiguity.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #821 on: May 06, 2012, 07:58:29 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2012, 08:04:12 PM by Benwah [why on Earth do I post something] Courseyay »

Nice photo album from Le Monde

(look at that guy close to Hollande on some pics on stage, someone wanna create a new political crisis in Belgium?)

Home pages of websites:

Let's have dignity, let's be patriot, let's be French.

I love you.

There's never been so much craziness about 'patriotism' in France...

And well, Sarkozy's classical 'emotionalism'...

You don't need translation I think.

always works...Smiley

Too bad they don't pass the whole sequence when La Vie en Rose is played on stage after the 1st Hollande speech in Tulle. Was lovely. You can also see the hills of Tulle in the background at one point and he made his speech on the Place de la Cathédrale (I rarely went to Tulle, I was more a Briviste Grin, the 'bad rightist bourgeois of Corrèze', while Tulle are the 'cool leftist guys of Corrèze', but I've been quite impressed by this cathedral when I was a kid), ah well whatever, good night France...Smiley

batmacumba
andrefeijao
France

« Reply #822 on: May 06, 2012, 08:14:28 PM »

Nice photo album from Le Monde

(look at that guy close to Hollande on some pics on stage, someone wanna create a new political crisis in Belgium?)

Home pages of websites:

Let's have dignity, let's be patriot, let's be French.

I love you.

There's never been so much craziness about 'patriotism' in France...

And well, Sarkozy's classical 'emotionalism'...

You don't need translation I think.

always works...Smiley

Too bad they don't pass the whole sequence when La Vie en Rose is played on stage after the 1st Hollande speech in Tulle. Was lovely. You can also see the hills of Tulle in the background at one point and he made his speech on the Place de la Cathédrale (I rarely went to Tulle, I was more a Briviste Grin, the 'bad rightist bourgeois of Corrèze', while Tulle are the 'cool leftist guys of Corrèze', but I've been quite impressed by this cathedral when I was a kid), ah well whatever, good night France...Smiley

Loved the 3rd pic. I thought He would just pick up the guitar and rock people out.
The Belgian PM, on the other hand, should be impeached for outrageous bad taste.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #823 on: May 06, 2012, 08:28:05 PM »

Hmm Sarkozy did a lot better than I expected. Not that coming close matters.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #824 on: May 06, 2012, 09:27:35 PM »

left-wing French girls Purple heart

And LOL at the people waving those huge Irish flags right infront of the stage.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies