Napoleon/Kalwejt June 2012: Time to Revive This Game!!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:16:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Napoleon/Kalwejt June 2012: Time to Revive This Game!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Author Topic: Napoleon/Kalwejt June 2012: Time to Revive This Game!!!!  (Read 22813 times)
hawkeye59
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 07:34:58 AM »

Endorsed.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2012, 07:41:13 AM »

Napoleon, Tweed, stop bickering and commit to working together with each other and with the Snowstalker campaign and my Labor Party to make sure the right doesn't steamroll the left, bourgeois or otherwise, when we are divided.

I can get talked into the preferencing nonsense but the idea that I will sublimate my egocentric campaign to the whims of a Party I've never been a part of.... go watch The West Wing re-runs!
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 07:42:02 AM »

"I can't express how disappointed I am with the turn out in this election. It is unlikely we will even reach 80 votes. In my first election as a voter, there were over 100 votes. In plain speak, this means we have lost nearly (or even more than) 20% of our players. That, to me, is unacceptable. A special thank you to those who did make it out to vote."

yeah that's cause the game is f*kin shot

you'd think leftist reformists would've learned in 1933
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2012, 11:35:33 AM »

Napoleon, Tweed, stop bickering and commit to working together with each other and with the Snowstalker campaign and my Labor Party to make sure the right doesn't steamroll the left, bourgeois or otherwise, when we are divided.

I can get talked into the preferencing nonsense but the idea that I will sublimate my egocentric campaign to the whims of a Party I've never been a part of.... go watch The West Wing re-runs!

Great, then preference, please, unless you want a President Clarence. If Tweedism has value as a revolutionary movement then it will have value regardless of whether you or he or Napoleon is President and Napoleon as President won't actively make things worse in the short term, believe me.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 11:45:00 AM »

Great, then preference, please, unless you want a President Clarence. If Tweedism has value as a revolutionary movement then it will have value regardless of whether you or he or Napoleon is President and Napoleon as President won't actively make things worse in the short term, believe me.

Glad to know I am such a specter around these parts...
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 12:36:13 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2012, 12:39:05 PM by Nathan »

Glad to know I am such a specter around these parts...

Well, it's just that you're a conservative Whig. It's not anything specifically against you. The only reason we're specifying you is because a lot of us consider you one of the likelier candidates and strong if you run, which is a good thing. In the future I fully expect to be threatening my fellow left-leaning party leaders with President TJ, and TJ and I have a lot of personal respect and fondness for each other.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 12:40:48 PM »

Paradoixcally, the surge of the Right might actually be a good thing for the Atlasian Left - I think the recent election results shown there's been some complacency as long-time members lose interest and GOTV efforts disappear...
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2012, 01:28:36 PM »

The problem is that each one of you has different standards as to what an "acceptable" conservative is. And pretty soon you have ground to dust such a large number of rightists, that there is no game anymore. You can't eat the cake in a political game, like you can in RL. In RL you know they will always come back in some different form because that is how the system is designed. In a game that isn't necessarily the case. The population is so small and it isn't real. Thus you run the risk of people giving up and leaving. To some extent you see this happen in real life as millions become apathetic do a variety of distractions and bs in RL politics.

In 2010, Marokai Blue and others "eliminated" Vepres. Compared to Pingvin, would any liberal think Vepres should have been driven off? Thus is the falacy of the "drive your opponents into oblivion" model. Thus why it should be abandoned, including with regards to Pingvin.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2012, 02:00:06 PM »

Yankee, I can speak for myself only. I believe that my entire history on Atlas in general and in Atlasia in particular proved that I'm able to remain in friendly terms with many conservative participants, regardless of our political differences. Moreso, I was working with many conservatives on common goals.

This is definitively left-liberal ticket (Napoleon and me), but don't expect us to commence a massive impalement of conservatives if elected Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2012, 02:03:55 PM »

The problem is that each one of you has different standards as to what an "acceptable" conservative is. And pretty soon you have ground to dust such a large number of rightists, that there is no game anymore. You can't eat the cake in a political game, like you can in RL. In RL you know they will always come back in some different form because that is how the system is designed. In a game that isn't necessarily the case. The population is so small and it isn't real. Thus you run the risk of people giving up and leaving. To some extent you see this happen in real life as millions become apathetic do a variety of distractions and bs in RL politics.

In 2010, Marokai Blue and others "eliminated" Vepres. Compared to Pingvin, would any liberal think Vepres should have been driven off? Thus is the falacy of the "drive your opponents into oblivion" model. Thus why it should be abandoned, including with regards to Pingvin.

This shouldn't be directed at my campaign, I have already denounced the attacks on Pingvin.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2012, 02:07:17 PM »

Paradoixcally, the surge of the Right might actually be a good thing for the Atlasian Left - I think the recent election results shown there's been some complacency as long-time members lose interest and GOTV efforts disappear...

I can only hope. This election should serve as a wake up call that we have no room to be purist, that we must stay united and focus on our common goals as we push onward to victory. Even so much as one selfish player can cause us to lose. For example, candidate Young Tweed could have preferenced Snowstalker on his ballot and prevented this defeat.

Oakvale, you should come back to your party. Cheesy
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2012, 02:13:16 PM »

This shouldn't be directed at my campaign, I have already denounced the attacks on Pingvin.

It wasn't directed at your campaign. It was directed at the left in general and more speficially at Nix.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2012, 02:14:04 PM »

Kalwejt and I would like to thank all those who have endorsed us so far. We will be relying on strong supporters to win what we expect to be a tough race. We can no longer be complacent, the last election shows us what happens when we fall asleep at the wheel. Now is the time to stay united. We will need all the help we can get and take nothing for granted.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2012, 02:27:11 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2012, 03:00:51 PM by Governor Napoleon »

Sure. Foreign policy is an area I have involved myself in since first elected to the Senate. As President, I will pursue a foreign policy that expands trade with other nations and opens markets. I would also like to prioritize environmental issues within the larger sphere of foreign policy, and work with other world leaders to that goal. My administration would go to war as a last resort measure only in extreme circumstances when we feel we have exhausted our other options. I would emphasize intelligence operations and collaborative international diplomacy. I can not say with certainty who I would ask to remain from President Polnut's Cabinet, but the things I will be looking for are activity,  experience, confidence, and flexibility.

You avoided the second part of my question brilliantly Wink

Also, can you comment specifically on the recently posted FPR?

My biggest problem with the Foreign Policy Review is the sustained use of the word "attack" to describe the goal of the tariff. Such is all but admitting economic warfare. While I support restrictions for rogue nations, describing it is an attack does more harm than good.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2012, 02:36:27 PM »

Look guys, I really like Pingvin as a fellow. I strongly disagree with most of his political positions, which are just too extreme when compared to Atlasian conservative mainstream, but while I might not vote for him, I wouldn't want him to be politically destroyed. I do not support political assasinations, period.

Both Napoleon and me already stated clearly we're not for any of such things, so can we finish this already?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2012, 02:56:04 PM »

Governor Napoleon, will you run for reelection to the mansion?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2012, 02:59:47 PM »

Vepres was "driven off" because he was an idiot and became increasingly paranoid during his time on the forum at large. Though I'm flattered that you single me out in giving credit for getting rid of Vepres, I don't understand why we should have to put up with folks that just aren't good enough simply for the sake of filling seats.

And just for the record I have had basically no interaction with Pingvin and know almost nothing about him, so I'm in no way referring to him in this, I'm just speaking about your general point.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2012, 02:59:47 PM »

Governor Napoleon, will you run for reelection to the mansion?

No, I have endorsed Mr. Nix for that position.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2012, 03:06:58 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2012, 03:10:44 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Vepres was "driven off" because he was an idiot and became increasingly paranoid during his time on the forum at large. Though I'm flattered that you single me out in giving credit for getting rid of Vepres, I don't understand why we should have to put up with folks that just aren't good enough simply for the sake of filling seats.

And just for the record I have had basically no interaction with Pingvin and know almost nothing about him, so I'm in no way referring to him in this, I'm just speaking about your general point.

I gave credit to "others". You were the most visibly aggressive against him that I remember. And this example was bouncing around in my head for some reason at the time. Tongue

I had issues with him myself, but I don't remember anything that could be considered "paranoid". If he lost control or something of that nature, then it would be the job of the moderation staff to deal with him like Teddy was.

My point is from the perspective of atlasia, such is harmfull because standards of "idiocy" and "paranoia" are subjective standards.

Further discussion of this is probably better handled elsewhere.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2012, 03:57:03 PM »

Guys, I made a banner.

Still, I encourage you to make your own to double task the expression of your support for Napoleon/Kalwejt and artistic creativity.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2012, 02:53:51 AM »

New campaign flyer.

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2012, 04:02:11 PM »

Even my opponents agree with me!

The best government is a government where people of differnt ideologies have to come to the table and negotiate their differences-

Elect Napoleon/Kalwejt to counter-balance this right-wing Senate! My experience working with different ideologies during two terms in the Northeast Assembly, both times being the only JCP member, two terms in the Senate, and as Governor with a varied Assembly will make my the best chance to bring people together.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2012, 04:45:55 PM »

I think my own political experience is going to allow me to be a valuable part of Napoleon administration. I've been Northeast Representative, IDS Legislator, Midwest Lt. Governor, Midwest Senator, Al-large Senator, Attorney General and Vice President of Atlasia.

But recap of positions alone is not everything. During serving all of these offices, I've been working closely with the people representing diffrent, sometimes very diffrent, political position. Just as Napoleon did successfully in Northeast and in the Senate.

We're a ticket of experience and openess combined.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2012, 05:19:08 PM »

Napoleon, if you're such a passionate believer in working with everyone, why did you never seek my opinion on the End to Imperialism Act, only mentioning my existence when I started working with the President?  Don't you think it's important to work with people in leadership positions even if you loathe them?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2012, 05:48:42 PM »

Napoleon, if you're such a passionate believer in working with everyone, why did you never seek my opinion on the End to Imperialism Act, only mentioning my existence when I started working with the President?  Don't you think it's important to work with people in leadership positions even if you loathe them?

1. I don't loathe anyone. Try harder.

2. I worked closely with President Polnut, Commander in Chief. I remember being told that he sought your advice on the matter. Obviously, the final law was a compromise that took a diverse set of views into account.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies