Napoleon/Kalwejt June 2012: Time to Revive This Game!!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:10:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Napoleon/Kalwejt June 2012: Time to Revive This Game!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Author Topic: Napoleon/Kalwejt June 2012: Time to Revive This Game!!!!  (Read 22789 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: June 03, 2012, 10:44:37 PM »

I think I know why you made that just now. Wink

The People deserve to know if a ticket is employing dirty and desperate tactics. I reject the culture of corruption that I see coming from my opponent's campaign.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #151 on: June 03, 2012, 11:08:02 PM »

Napoleon- elected to two Senate terms- introduced bills for at least 125 pages of debate.
Oakvale- elected to three Senate terms- introduced a bill for 3 pages of debate.

This game needs a President that will increase activity and sustain that activity. Napoleon and Kalwejtare the only candidates to put forward the proposals that help keep debate and this game alive. Vote for the leadership that works. Vote Napoleon/Kalwejt in June 2012.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #152 on: June 04, 2012, 12:13:12 AM »
« Edited: June 04, 2012, 12:17:42 AM by Governor Napoleon »

I would like to thank Senators Scott, Sbane, Seatown, Ilikeverin, Ben, Andrew Big Daddy, TJ, and North Carolina Yankee for supporting the New Atlasian National Healthcare Act I introduced as a Senator. The bill dates back to the era of the two party system. Mideast Senator MoPolitico of the RPP, and I as the Northeast's JCP Senator collaborated to try and reform a failing system. While the two of us eventually joined the same party and while we have both left the Senate, I am very pleased to see the spirit of bipartisan reform intact in the final version. With support from Senators of the Labor Party, the Liberal Party, the Whig Party, the Imperial Bloc and non-affiliates, we will finally see our healthcare reflect the reality of Atlasia's fiscal situation. The Senate debate really moved things forward with input and contribution from many Senators. Thank you.

If I have the privilege of serving as your President, I look forward to working with members of all parties to make Atlasia a better , stronger nation, just as I have at the regional level as Northeast Governor. Equally, I look forward to proposals that will provide the same quality of debate as this bill did.

CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #153 on: June 04, 2012, 04:57:20 PM »

I would like to announce my endorsement of both the Napoleon/Kalwejt ticket and the Clarence/Yelnoc ticket. While I cannot say for certain which shall receive the number 1 and 2 spots on my ballot, I can say that they will both be in the top two. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2012, 12:41:55 AM »

Thanks Jbrase! I enjoyed our time in the Senate together.

Governor Napoleon on Education

As Northeast Senator, I sponsored and passed the Student Load Protection Act, prohibiting the Bureau of Student Finance from giving loans to students at predatory for-profit universities.

I sponsored and passed the Education Expansion and Competitiveness Act, which provided funding to the regions for math and science programs, university construction, and training of educators and aids Atlasia’s ability to compete in the global marketplace now and in the future.

I voted for the Student Loan Interest Rate Fairness Act, capping interest rates on student loans at a manageable level.

I voted against the Selective Education Act, which would prohibit giving federal funds to private schools; likewise, I oppose the extreme Home and Private Schooling Tax Credit Act my opponent Senator Clarence has proposed. Since regional taxes are the primary source of funding for education, the decision to give tax credits for education costs remains with each of the five regions.

I support giving regional governments more autonomy in education within reasonable boundaries. Requiring foreign language classes may be more beneficial to students in the Pacific than in the Mideast, for example.

I support lowering tuition costs for university students. When our best and brightest enter the workforce loaded with debt, it makes it more difficult for them to start businesses or families. To accompany this, I support alternative career training programs for careers that a college education would not be essential for. This would create opportunities for more young Atlasians while also contributing to lower tuition costs.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #155 on: June 05, 2012, 01:07:58 AM »

Governor Napoleon on the Economy

As Senator, I voted for the Comprehensive Social Security Reform Act after working to make it more cost-effective for tax payers. I voted in favor of President Polnut’s 2011 tax cuts and will continue the path to deficit reduction, with the goal of having a balanced budget by the end of my term.

During my term as Northeast Governor I worked across party lines to pass a wage increase that received unanimous support from the Assembly. I voted to shorten the standard work week, keeping the law in line with modern technology that doesn’t require the same labor to produce as once was the case.

I support free trade to help our economy and the economies of developing nations. Atlasia must compete in the global marketplace and I want to empower our citizens to be able to do so. Along with trade agreements, I will work to negotiate environmental impact management and labor rights treaties. I will be straight forward with China that they will no longer get a free pass to disregard human rights without being reckless or dismissive.

I believe that labor groups can be an important check on corporate power and my region has the largest percentage of private sector unionization of any region at over 13%. I do not think that business and labor are fundamentally at odds and often we see the best results when the two work in harmony.

I am a firm believer in the market economy; at the same time, I support the robust safety net we have and the strong social services that Atlasia provides. I will bring this unemployment rate down, but it won’t happen if we increase the corporate tax, which will reduce jobs and pass costs on to consumers.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #156 on: June 05, 2012, 01:42:44 AM »

It takes more than a President to govern a nation. To build a better future and bring about an Atlasian Renaissance, we need hard-working, open-minded Senators with their own ideas. The Regional Renaissance in the Northeast would not have been possible without the assistance I received from the Northeast Assembly. We don't always agree on everything but working together we have accomplished great things. Speaker Nix, former Governor Winfield, and Representatives PyroFox, Alfred Jones, and Simfan have all brought something unique to the table.

I have not decided who to support in the August mid-term elections at this point, but I do support Senator Scott in the Northeast, Senator Sbane in the Pacific, Senator North Carolina Yankee in the IDS, Senator Ben in the Mideast, and Senator Ilikeverin in the Midwest should he seek reelection. These races will have a strong impact on how the next four months will unfold no matter who is elected President. Remember this when voting and make sure to stay in touch with your regional Senator. Constituent advice is a regional Senator's strongest asset in doing their jobs as great as possible. Smiley
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #157 on: June 05, 2012, 08:36:03 AM »

I appreciate the support, Napoleon.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #158 on: June 05, 2012, 04:31:29 PM »

Question for Kalwejt: Why did you change your party?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #159 on: June 05, 2012, 07:51:37 PM »

The thing is that I'm simply enjoying better working relationships with many of the Liberal Party members, than with IB. Now, I'm de facto Liberal nominee for Vice President, so I might just very well make it all official. The same reason why I haven't joined the Labor Party, which is probably closer ideologically to me. There are a lot of my friends there, but since I returned, I never worked better with any political group other than Liberals.

It was my decision only and no member of the Liberal party has ever approached me to switch parties. I've been selected as Napoleon to be his running-mate quite time ago and party ID never played a role in the process.

For the record: I wish the Imperial Bloc the best luck and I'll gladly support their candidates for offices in the IDS. It's awesome to have a regional parties.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #160 on: June 09, 2012, 11:27:15 PM »

Hello everybody! Long time no see.

I know I have seemed like a ghost in an old house these days, but I still pay attention to the affairs of Atlasia, despite how rarely I post here.

In rare form however, I would like to state my strong and enthusiastic support of the Napoleon/Kalwejt ticket. I have been in Atlasia for a long time, but few achievements rival the recovery of the Northeast that has been seen under the stewardship of Napoleon. At one point in my career, the Assembly had less than half the amount of candidates than were seats to be filled. Today, however, the Northeast is a vibrant region with competitive elections, an overhauled constitution, and an active, full assembly. I may have not been happy about everything while the New Constitution was being adopted, but the results are hard to argue with.

Napoleon was also a model Senator. In his two terms, he pushed legislation to try and limit conscription, withdraw from Libya, and legalize substances. He was active by any measure, and I fully expect him to carry that over into the Presidency.

This is by no means a one-sided ticket. In this airplane, the tail-gunner is equally formidable. Kalwejt was one of my first forum friends, and already has the experience argument won. He has served as Northeast Representative, Midwest Governor, Vice President, and Attorney General. I have worked with him, both as a fellow legislator and as the defendant in one of his cases! If a man he's convicted is willing to support him, then surely that must speak to his stellar qualification, activity, and work ethic.

I truly believe that this is a ticket whose whole is much greater than the sum of its parts. These are two forthright, honest fellows that I have known for a long time and have full confidence that they will do justice to the office of President of Atlasia.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #161 on: June 09, 2012, 11:56:55 PM »

Thank you Dallasfan, former Vice President. Grin. We appreciate your support.

You showed a lot of courage supporting me for Senate last June despite all the pressure and I am grateful for that.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #162 on: June 10, 2012, 05:46:03 PM »

Minneapolis, MN

Free Polish sausages and Napoleons!

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #163 on: June 10, 2012, 05:48:51 PM »

Everyone loves a Napoleon and a Polish! Cheesy
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #164 on: June 11, 2012, 10:00:07 AM »

A new poll was released showing the Napoleon/Kalwejt ticket with a double digit lead over the nearest opponent. We asked Governor Napoleon for his thoughts.

"It goes to show that when you look beyond the surface, when you examine the issues, we are favored. The Atlasian people respond positively to our message of experience, ideas, and unity. They like that we have the most independent ticket in the race. They want an active leader. I am not surprised that we have momentum on our side going into these last two weeks of the campaign. Im looking forward to a debate with the other candidates."
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #165 on: June 13, 2012, 01:24:41 AM »

Vice Presidential Reform is something we want to accomplish right off the bat. I was a supporter in the Senate and Kalwejt has been trying for a long time. I am proud to have the endorsements of the overwhelming majority of our recent vice presidents whether conservative or liberal- Marokai Blue, Dallasfan65, current VP Tmthforu94, and of course my own running mate, Kalwejt.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #166 on: June 14, 2012, 01:41:28 AM »

I don't understand the fuss about the Dibble. Are we going after bitcoins next? The IDS may seem strange to us but it isn't our place to force our culture upo n them. I don't agree with it but I don't think they have crossed the constitutional line.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2012, 07:55:17 AM »

What is a Dibble and what's the fuss over it? What the hell is the IDS doing?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2012, 10:31:00 AM »

What is a Dibble and what's the fuss over it? What the hell is the IDS doing?

A Dibble is a privately minted and distributed gold coin (not legal tender) that IDS residents can use voluntarily as a unit of barter. Fuzzy does not like such private enterprise and is using something in the Constitution to make a (flimsy) case that a privately made non-legal tender coinage (that's not a currency) is prohibited.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #169 on: June 14, 2012, 10:46:15 AM »

Minneapolis, MN

Free Polish sausages and Napoleons!

I attended this rally.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #170 on: June 14, 2012, 09:55:03 PM »

Governor, would you be open to a debate early next week?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #171 on: June 14, 2012, 10:04:56 PM »

Governor, would you be open to a debate early next week?

Yes.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #172 on: June 15, 2012, 12:21:02 AM »

I must say, at first I was kind of surprised with Tmthforu's endorsement, giving all ideological stuff, but then I reminded myself that he's been always caring about improving the game first. I can only be honored that he thinks Napoleon and me are the right team to make some improvements Smiley

Thanks, Isaac!

Also, I think you all owe some explanation of my recent limited activity. The thing is, I'm during my finals so I'm mostly just checking the forum. One, two days more and I'll be back.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #173 on: June 15, 2012, 12:35:17 AM »

I'm glad to endorse the ticket I believe will best move Atlasia forward. Smiley

Poor Kal - one thing I'm dreading about college is semester exams.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #174 on: June 15, 2012, 12:40:18 AM »

I'm glad to endorse the ticket I believe will best move Atlasia forward. Smiley

Poor Kal - one thing I'm dreading about college is semester exams.

No need to worry Tmth. I've found that college exams are only bad if you let them be. Don't let yourself become one of those  people who can never do anything fun because you are busy studying for an exam 2 months away Tongue

And to get back on topic, I wish the Napoleon/Kalwejt ticket the best of luck Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies