Napoleon/Kalwejt June 2012: Time to Revive This Game!!!! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:13:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Napoleon/Kalwejt June 2012: Time to Revive This Game!!!! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Napoleon/Kalwejt June 2012: Time to Revive This Game!!!!  (Read 23023 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: April 23, 2012, 01:28:36 PM »

The problem is that each one of you has different standards as to what an "acceptable" conservative is. And pretty soon you have ground to dust such a large number of rightists, that there is no game anymore. You can't eat the cake in a political game, like you can in RL. In RL you know they will always come back in some different form because that is how the system is designed. In a game that isn't necessarily the case. The population is so small and it isn't real. Thus you run the risk of people giving up and leaving. To some extent you see this happen in real life as millions become apathetic do a variety of distractions and bs in RL politics.

In 2010, Marokai Blue and others "eliminated" Vepres. Compared to Pingvin, would any liberal think Vepres should have been driven off? Thus is the falacy of the "drive your opponents into oblivion" model. Thus why it should be abandoned, including with regards to Pingvin.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 02:13:16 PM »

The problem is that each one of you has different standards as to what an "acceptable" conservative is. And pretty soon you have ground to dust such a large number of rightists, that there is no game anymore. You can't eat the cake in a political game, like you can in RL. In RL you know they will always come back in some different form because that is how the system is designed. In a game that isn't necessarily the case. The population is so small and it isn't real. Thus you run the risk of people giving up and leaving. To some extent you see this happen in real life as millions become apathetic do a variety of distractions and bs in RL politics.

In 2010, Marokai Blue and others "eliminated" Vepres. Compared to Pingvin, would any liberal think Vepres should have been driven off? Thus is the falacy of the "drive your opponents into oblivion" model. Thus why it should be abandoned, including with regards to Pingvin.

This shouldn't be directed at my campaign, I have already denounced the attacks on Pingvin.

It wasn't directed at your campaign. It was directed at the left in general and more speficially at Nix.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 03:06:58 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2012, 03:10:44 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Vepres was "driven off" because he was an idiot and became increasingly paranoid during his time on the forum at large. Though I'm flattered that you single me out in giving credit for getting rid of Vepres, I don't understand why we should have to put up with folks that just aren't good enough simply for the sake of filling seats.

And just for the record I have had basically no interaction with Pingvin and know almost nothing about him, so I'm in no way referring to him in this, I'm just speaking about your general point.

I gave credit to "others". You were the most visibly aggressive against him that I remember. And this example was bouncing around in my head for some reason at the time. Tongue

I had issues with him myself, but I don't remember anything that could be considered "paranoid". If he lost control or something of that nature, then it would be the job of the moderation staff to deal with him like Teddy was.

My point is from the perspective of atlasia, such is harmfull because standards of "idiocy" and "paranoia" are subjective standards.

Further discussion of this is probably better handled elsewhere.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 06:40:46 PM »

Congrats Mr. President and Vice President elect! I look forward to finding common ground over areas of mutual interest and concern, over these next four months.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies