Attention SoFE Homelycooking
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:36:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Attention SoFE Homelycooking
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Attention SoFE Homelycooking  (Read 1388 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 23, 2012, 01:45:26 AM »
« edited: April 23, 2012, 05:18:04 AM by Governor Napoleon »

After reviewing the votes, I initially made a thread about Earl's vote, which was a stupid mistake on my part. However, I decided to look closer and discovered that Brandon H does not meet activity requirements. I believe this result may impact the outcome of the elections and request a recount.

I cite this:
You must be logged in to read this quote.
from the Consolidated Electoral System Reform Act.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 02:34:18 AM »

Another question. The constitution says
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Since NVTownsend registered on, not before April 12th, his vote for TJ is invalid, I am pretty sure. I believe with these two errors resolved, Snowstalker wins the last seat and TJ loses.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 06:44:51 AM »

Don't worry, I found a few irregularities of my own.

PyroTheFox also does not meet activity requirements.

Lewis's vote: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=152424.msg3269889#msg3269889 should not be counted as valid, since there is only a list of users without any reasonable determination of intent, such as numbers, letters, an X beside one name, etc.  If this vote is valid, then so would be simply empty quoting the ballot.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 07:43:42 AM »
« Edited: April 23, 2012, 07:45:41 AM by Den stygge kjøkken »

NVTownsend, Pyrofox and Brandon H's votes have been ruled invalid.

I have counted Lewis Trondheim's vote because I can discern the voter's intent.

That reduces the total number of valid votes to 68. Since TJ lost two 1st preferences and Snowstalker one, the end result is still the same. TJ is elected without a quota instead of with one, but Snowstalker is still not elected.

I will ask President Polnut if he will accept my resignation once this crisis is resolved. It may no longer be possible for me to run an election with any degree of legitimacy.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 07:48:22 AM »

I don't see any reason you should resign- this formula is complex and this seems to be your first error... people make mistakes
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 07:50:42 AM »

That reduces the total number of valid votes to 68. Since TJ lost two 1st preferences and Snowstalker one, the end result is still the same. TJ is elected without a quota instead of with one, but Snowstalker is still not elected.

I will ask President Polnut if he will accept my resignation once this crisis is resolved. It may no longer be possible for me to run an election with any degree of legitimacy.

Homely, you need not resign. I think you have done a great job. It is almost unfair to expect you to check every profile, know every detail of the law and do all of the math. That is why we can check each other's work, and make sure it is right. Really, this pales in comparison to some of the stupid blunders I have made in my time. You're an awesome SoFE. Smiley
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 08:30:30 AM »

Are you kidding me
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 09:05:06 AM »

Homely, you need not resign. I think you have done a great job. It is almost unfair to expect you to check every profile, know every detail of the law and do all of the math. That is why we can check each other's work, and make sure it is right. Really, this pales in comparison to some of the stupid blunders I have made in my time. You're an awesome SoFE. Smiley

Perhaps the voting population would be mollified by a sincere apology and a plan to ensure that such a thing does not happen again? I am more than willing to continue the work as SoFE, but I think it only fair that I ask both the President and the people whether they have any confidence in my election administration in the future and whether they would like me to resign or not.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 09:05:57 AM »

These is no one on the entire forum that could do a better job as SoFE than you, Homely. Honest. You are the best there's been in a while.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 09:20:57 AM »

I'm ordering you not to resign.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 09:29:33 AM »
« Edited: April 23, 2012, 09:52:34 AM by MechaRepublican »

These is no one on the entire forum that could do a better job as SoFE than you, Homely. Honest. You are the best there's been in a while.

This.

You're a human being man.  You're going to make mistakes all the time.  Me, I shoudl be studying for the Philosophy final I'm likely going to fail because I was too much of a lazyass to study up on every single economic theory under the sun for use in a paper that I am going to write in class.

Dude, nobody wants the job you have.  Nobody.  And for good reason.
It takes a very dedicated and honest man to play the role of vote counter.  I bet it takes you hours alone just to figure out that formula.  I wouldn't have the patience to learn how it works.

I can also assure you that mistakes by an SoFE aren't exactly rare.  It's been all too common throughout our history as a nation.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 12:09:38 PM »

There is no reason for homely to resign, at all.

When the JCP and RPP were still around, both would check the others as well as their own voters to see if they were valid. It kind of relieved some of the pressure on the SoFE because you had atleast two or more "lists of invalids" already floating around.

TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 12:15:14 PM »

I don't think there's any reason for you to resign either. You can't be expected to catch every invalid vote and responded appropriately when several were challenged. Elections by their very nature are controversial and I doubt anyone on this board doubts your ability to run them fairly. Heck, you did a better job noticing invalid votes than I did and I was running.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 12:18:44 PM »

You should not resign, especially because your mistake has had no effect on the outcome of the election at all. And even if it had had an impact, you would still have done a good job!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 02:18:58 PM »

Homely, you have, by far, exceeded your expectations as SoFE.  As others have said, this was a very minor error that few could have noticed.  Please do not resign.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 02:26:00 PM »

I think Secretary Cooking should be put on money.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies