20RP12/Windis -- Thank you for your support
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:56:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  20RP12/Windis -- Thank you for your support
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13
Author Topic: 20RP12/Windis -- Thank you for your support  (Read 31092 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: May 30, 2012, 05:43:40 PM »

Oy if I can find the time I will lol. I have a bunch of school work and band practice to go to hahaha so I'll see Tongue

Well... how else are people going to know about your policies?

I think finishing my schoolwork is a little more important than the game...
Nothing is more important than the game. You should know by now. Get your priorities straight, boy! Wink
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #276 on: May 30, 2012, 05:47:48 PM »

Hahahaha Tongue
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #277 on: May 31, 2012, 08:35:52 AM »

I'll post a speech tonight from Salt Lake City.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #278 on: May 31, 2012, 02:52:29 PM »

Good Lord, you're now just flat-out identifying yourself as a "conservative"? I'm pretty sure the Whigs are already running a candidate.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #279 on: May 31, 2012, 03:41:03 PM »

Good Lord, you're now just flat-out identifying yourself as a "conservative"? I'm pretty sure the Whigs are already running a candidate.

I'm not identifying myself as a conservative in the game.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #280 on: May 31, 2012, 04:02:59 PM »

The following is a transcript from 20RP12's speech in Salt Lake City, UT. The speech was delivered at 1:45 pm pacific time.

Good afternoon my fellow Atlasians.

Tonight I come to you with both good news and bad news. Let me first give you the bad news. I'm announcing today that I am dropping out of the race for the Presidency of Atlasia. Polls have not met my standards for what kind of position I want to be in heading into the election in June. I am subsequently announcing that I am endorsing Clarence for President.

But let me now give you the good news.

I see a future in Atlasia. I see a beautiful country with much potential for greatness. I see the country that can and will set the bar for freedom and liberty. I see a country that will continue to thrive, but I, apparently, am not the person to lead Atlasia to meet that goal. The People have spoken in poll after poll and have indicated that I am not the one they want to be President. And I'm okay with that.

I'm also announcing that I will serve the remainder of my term as SoIA and then retire from politics in Atlasia. I no longer have the enthusiasm that I had when I started out and I simply can't continue to play a role in national or regional politics if my enthusiasm is waning.

Sometime's it's hard to say goodbye, but now...not so much. Because I know the events following my disappearance from Atlasian politics will be good ones, and I will continue to be proud of my country.

Thank you very much, and may Dave Bless Atlasia.

The previous speech was not transcripted in its entirety for convenience.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #281 on: May 31, 2012, 04:14:17 PM »

Shocked and Sad
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #282 on: May 31, 2012, 04:14:38 PM »

Sad
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #283 on: May 31, 2012, 04:18:06 PM »

You're not running for Assembly either? Sad
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #284 on: May 31, 2012, 04:19:00 PM »

You're not running for Assembly either? Sad

No.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #285 on: May 31, 2012, 05:01:02 PM »

What happened to:

I like how people think I'm gonna drop out

lolno

?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #286 on: May 31, 2012, 06:54:59 PM »

That was before I realized that I can't be taken seriously on the rest of the forum unless I make it known that my shift in views has nothing to do with Atlasia. If you want the honest truth, this game has been a net negative for my life in general. It's caused me too much sh*t, so I'm putting it aside. I'll still vote and everything, just no more running for anything. I won't say forever, but for some time. Until I feel I can handle it.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #287 on: May 31, 2012, 06:58:25 PM »

That was before I realized that I can't be taken seriously on the rest of the forum unless I make it known that my shift in views has nothing to do with Atlasia. If you want the honest truth, this game has been a net negative for my life in general. It's caused me too much sh*t, so I'm putting it aside. I'll still vote and everything, just no more running for anything. I won't say forever, but for some time. Until I feel I can handle it.

Jake, we like you here.  We may not always agree with your views, but you've been a valuable asset to the game and it's a real shame to see you leave.  I hope you decide to come back, soon.  Maybe the drama here won't be as extensive.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #288 on: May 31, 2012, 07:05:12 PM »

Did you consult with your running mate before pulling out of the race?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #289 on: May 31, 2012, 07:10:01 PM »

Ugh... A certain Senator did this (coupled with a certain Governor, but more so the Senator)...
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #290 on: May 31, 2012, 07:11:22 PM »

Ugh... A certain Senator did this (coupled with a certain Governor, but more so the Senator)...

Many senators did, I believe.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #291 on: May 31, 2012, 07:18:52 PM »

Many senators did, I believe.

Yes, but I'm thinking of one current Senator in particular (isn't you).
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #292 on: May 31, 2012, 07:23:23 PM »

As I said in my campaign thread, whatever our differences (and we've had some), I'm sorry to see you go and hope you'll consider returning at some point.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #293 on: May 31, 2012, 07:41:14 PM »

You guys like me here enough to have successfully derailed my Presidential campaign by painting me as this "evul monstar consurvateev!" and have posters go on other boards and say that my change in views was just to get votes in Atlasia. It's stuff like this:

Good Lord, you're now just flat-out identifying yourself as a "conservative"?

I see 20RP12's  transformation into a party-line Republican is near complete. Supporting Mitt Romney was the first obvious sign, referring to Israel as "our greatest ally" is but the latest.

And let's not forget this whole thing:

The love is just oozing. Yup.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #294 on: May 31, 2012, 07:42:40 PM »

Did you consult with your running mate before pulling out of the race?

Yes.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #295 on: May 31, 2012, 07:50:32 PM »

If you don't want your random (?) change from a libertarian Paulite to a party-line Republican to be questioned, that's fine, but you can't resonably expect other posters not to comment on what was a fairly abrupt shift.

I do like you. I'm pretty sure wormyguy and Napoleon, who are the two other posters you quoted, do, too. The reason we made the above comments was because we all found your change in beliefs rather perplexing - I'm not necessarily saying that wormy was correct in suggesting that you did so to win votes here, but you can see why someone one would think that, non?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #296 on: May 31, 2012, 07:56:59 PM »

This is a sad development, best of luck.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #297 on: May 31, 2012, 08:03:12 PM »

Isn't this like the third time you have dropped out? Tongue
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #298 on: May 31, 2012, 08:33:19 PM »

If you don't want your random (?) change from a libertarian Paulite to a party-line Republican to be questioned, that's fine, but you can't resonably expect other posters not to comment on what was a fairly abrupt shift.

I do like you. I'm pretty sure wormyguy and Napoleon, who are the two other posters you quoted, do, too. The reason we made the above comments was because we all found your change in beliefs rather perplexing - I'm not necessarily saying that wormy was correct in suggesting that you did so to win votes here, but you can see why someone one would think that, non?

There are more proactive ways to figure out how I could make such a hard shift in such little time. Perhaps asking? Just a suggestion.

Isn't this like the third time you have dropped out? Tongue

Twice, Captain Condescending Tongue
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #299 on: May 31, 2012, 08:40:29 PM »

I have to be honest, I would have preferred more ideas than post padding in this thread.  However, you have been an asset to the NE in the past, and as far as I can tell a nice kid.  A little bit of time away is probably a good idea.  Just don't forget to come back down the road.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies