20RP12/Windis -- Thank you for your support
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:13:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  20RP12/Windis -- Thank you for your support
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13
Author Topic: 20RP12/Windis -- Thank you for your support  (Read 31056 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: May 11, 2012, 08:48:33 PM »

Why Clarence and not Napoleon, Oakvale, or Tweed?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #176 on: May 11, 2012, 08:57:37 PM »

Why Clarence and not Napoleon, Oakvale, or Tweed?

I believe all the Presidential candidates running are excellent and would make wonderful Presidents. Honestly, preferencing will be extremely difficult. Clarence is a smart man who offers experience, hints of positive naïveté whilst also presenting himself as a genuinely good person.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #177 on: May 11, 2012, 09:03:36 PM »

His foreign policy is a disaster. I am starting to see what Oakvale meant... Sad
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #178 on: May 11, 2012, 09:09:45 PM »

His foreign policy is a disaster. I am starting to see what Oakvale meant... Sad

I never said who I'd preference where. My second and third preferences are pretty much interchangeable per my mood. I'm pretty sure who my fourth, fifth and sixth preferences will be, though.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #179 on: May 11, 2012, 09:11:35 PM »

Not sure what you're referencing about Oakvale and this isn't the place to debate foreign policy (though please feel free to engage in my campaign post or in the upcoming debate) but I can't see many points that would be unreasonable to many people...out of Afghanistan, no nation-building, proposed solutions to redundancy in military spending, decreased boots on ground, out of UN if it doesn't suit our interests, etc...
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #180 on: May 11, 2012, 09:15:33 PM »

Not sure what you're referencing about Oakvale and this isn't the place to debate foreign policy (though please feel free to engage in my campaign post or in the upcoming debate) but I can't see many points that would be unreasonable to many people...out of Afghanistan, no nation-building, proposed solutions to redundancy in military spending, decreased boots on ground, out of UN if it doesn't suit our interests, etc...

Oakvale referred to me as having transformed into a hardline Conservative for referring to Israel as our greatest ally, though I was technically playing devil's advocate in the context of the situation.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #181 on: May 12, 2012, 04:53:53 PM »

SoIA 20RP12 will take the stage in Nyman, DC at 6 pm eastern time.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #182 on: May 12, 2012, 05:24:31 PM »

Oakvale referred to me as having transformed into a hardline Conservative for referring to Israel as our greatest ally, though I was technically playing devil's advocate in the context of the situation.

Eh, it wasn't just that - your signature now, for example, displays a clear preference for a Romney Presidency with a far-right Republican Congress supporting his union-crushing (see also your endorsement of the odious Scott Walker) catastrophic, reckless spending cuts (along with, by the way, blowing billions upon billions on a fleet of new battleships or some idiotic idea) and gutting the social safety net.

I don't have a problem with someone being a Republican, obviously, I just think it's an interesting and rather rapid transformation from libertarian Paulism.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #183 on: May 12, 2012, 05:33:18 PM »

My views were bound to transform, as I'm only 15. It's likely I'll end up going through a Hardcore Leftist phase before long.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #184 on: May 12, 2012, 07:14:16 PM »

20RP12/Windis For President - A.R.E.A Proposal

A.R.E.A (Atlasian Renewable Energy Act) is a piece of legislation I plan to introduce within my first month as President. The legislation will read as follows:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I would be happy to work with the Senate to amend and subsequently perfect this bill. But let it be made clear that 20RP12/Windis supports investment in smarter energy technology.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #185 on: May 12, 2012, 07:19:41 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2012, 07:21:13 PM by Senator wormyguy »

Spending by whom and on what specifically?

What tax incentives?

Umm...

What, are we going to create a spending cap for private purchases of oil?  How do you suppose that would even work?  Is there a time limit?  Should a negative amount of dollars be spent on oil importation at some point?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #186 on: May 12, 2012, 07:27:25 PM »

Spending by whom and on what specifically?

What tax incentives?

Umm...

What, are we going to create a spending cap for private purchases of oil?  How do you suppose that would even work?  Is there a time limit?  Should a negative amount of dollars be spent on oil importation at some point?

1. Spending by the federal Government on research into green technology, basically creating more jobs in the area.

2. Overall decreases in taxation.

3. Yes, yes I know. It's not a renewable resource. Still, there's a lot of coal to be used.

4. Again, the piece of legislation isn't perfect, but I think we should be spending less on foreign oil and more on domestic energy.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #187 on: May 12, 2012, 09:09:18 PM »

No money for research into stuff like breeder reactors?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #188 on: May 13, 2012, 08:11:47 AM »

No money for research into stuff like breeder reactors?

I'm unfamiliar with this kind of technology, but I'll do a bit of my own research and consider adding a section into the bill.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #189 on: May 13, 2012, 07:22:14 PM »

SoIA 20RP12 will take the stage in Baltimore, MD at 830 pm eastern time.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #190 on: May 13, 2012, 07:36:45 PM »

My views were bound to transform, as I'm only 15. It's likely I'll end up going through a Hardcore Leftist phase before long.

We actually discussed this on the chat once.  We pretty much all agreed that you'll be a Democrat by the time you're 18. Tongue
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #191 on: May 13, 2012, 07:46:39 PM »

We actually discussed this on the chat once.  We pretty much all agreed that you'll be a Democrat by the time you're 18. Tongue

I could see him as a Schweitzer-Freudenthal Democrat now.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #192 on: May 13, 2012, 07:48:35 PM »

Or a New Democrat! Grin
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #193 on: May 13, 2012, 08:01:19 PM »

This, actually. Moderate. Maybe + econ score, but not enough to be a Republican.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #194 on: May 13, 2012, 08:04:41 PM »

So if I give you a high preference am I voting for the moderate libertarian or the right wing hack or something else we haven't witnessed yet? Tongue
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #195 on: May 13, 2012, 08:08:41 PM »

This, actually. Moderate. Maybe + econ score, but not enough to be a Republican.

Like me! Except with a more moderate social score.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #196 on: May 13, 2012, 08:09:34 PM »

So if I give you a high preference am I voting for the moderate libertarian or the right wing hack or something else we haven't witnessed yet? Tongue

A mixture of all three, likely Wink I'd govern from the Center. Perhaps Center Right. I won't propose any legislation to like...ban abortion and put every abortion doctor on death row or anything like that.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #197 on: May 14, 2012, 07:58:25 AM »

SoIA 20RP12 will take the stage in Charleston, WV at 9:15 am eastern time.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #198 on: May 14, 2012, 03:14:29 PM »

The campaign is shocked and saddened at Oakvale's admission of homophobia. We hope he was only kidding and we call for him to publicly announce his support for same-sex marriage and rights if he indeed supports them. The 20RP12/Windis campaign is 100% committed to the rights of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender Atlasians and will work to further advance the gay pride movement that has become a cornerstone of modern civilization.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #199 on: May 14, 2012, 04:28:09 PM »

The campaign is shocked and saddened at Oakvale's admission of homophobia. We hope he was only kidding and we call for him to publicly announce his support for same-sex marriage and rights if he indeed supports them. The 20RP12/Windis campaign is 100% committed to the rights of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender Atlasians and will work to further advance the gay pride movement that has become a cornerstone of modern civilization.

Given that we're both on the LGBT spectrum, this goes double.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies