Which wedding should my parents go to?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:55:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Which wedding should my parents go to?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which wedding should my parents go to?
Cousin

Family Friend

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 13

Author Topic: Which wedding should my parents go to?  (Read 389 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 23, 2012, 02:24:30 PM »

No my parents aren't going to base their choice off of this poll nor will I even tell them of the results, but I thought it's an interesting situation.

There are two weddings on the same day in September. One is of my cousin, though actually a step-cousin, the stepdaughter of my mom's sister. The family lives in Florida now (though she moved back to Minnesota and is having the wedding there) and she was already a teenager by the time my parents met her, and thus they aren't very close.

The other is of a son of some college friends. They knew this couple before he was born and thus have known him their entire life, plus they go on their annual camping trip in northern Wisconsin with his parents and some other college friends and see them far more frequently.

On Saturday I learned my mom was making a fuss about this because of the fact that she is closer to the son of the family friends, but her sister (not the stepmother of the one being married) had bugged her earlier about this about how she's family so she needs to go. So she basically said "Fine, but if possible we're making both!" and thus will probably be at least at the reception of the second wedding. I suppose it's a good thing they are being held close together.

For the record I am invited to the latter but not the former, thus not making it a dilemma for me. If it was though I'd probably go to the second one.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 02:31:33 PM »

Mark my word. One day, BRTD will post "should I take a crap?" poll, and would await our verdict.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 08:08:37 PM »

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU NEED US TO HELP YOU
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »