Question for those who remember the early 1990's
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:25:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Question for those who remember the early 1990's
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Question for those who remember the early 1990's  (Read 4622 times)
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2012, 05:07:28 PM »

My guess is the NFL breaks it first.  Followed by baseball and the NHL.  But I hate the NBA so my biases may be at play here.

I've always thought baseball would be first.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2012, 11:09:25 PM »

Isn't the lesson that having bigots on the team is bad for team cohesion?
If no bigot could be on a sports team American sports would not exist.
FTFY
and has his OS set to look like Windows 95, as I recall.
What's wrong with that?
So rightwing that I broke the Political Compass!
Rockingham

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2012, 01:31:04 AM »

dude, if you had your way, you would trade your junk for something better designed for your desires.  See, when I look at my wife, I think, "Damn, I want that body right now."  But, when you look at her, you probably think, "Damn, wish I had her body right now."  Our remarks may sound the same, but they mean two totally different things.  Tongue
This is one of the more retarded things I have ever read.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2012, 01:45:58 AM »

My guess is the NFL breaks it first.  Followed by baseball and the NHL.  But I hate the NBA so my biases may be at play here.

I've always thought baseball would be first.
Maybe, but football players seem to be a little more open minded than baseball players (yes, that is a low bar)....something to do with them spending time at college whereas baseball players don't tend to go to college and spend more time in a more closed, ....ahem..."closeted" environment.  Granted, most top football athletes in college live a fairly segregated, non-typical college life, but still, they are much more likely to run into "out" people than the other 3 major American pro sports athletes.

I reckon it won't happen anywhere anytime soon, but I hope I'm wrong.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2012, 08:26:55 AM »

Sport, especially professional sport, is more "manly" than even the military.  Locker rooms are notoriously bigoted places...I don't see it happening with an active player anytime soon. 

in building off of deadman, here is renowned Lacanian Slavoj Zizek, in a context that can be applied to this discussion.

One should ask here a naive, but nonetheless crucial question: why does the Army so strongly resist publicly accepting gays into its ranks? There is only one possible consistent answer: not because homosexuality poses a threat to the alleged ‘phallic and patriarchal’ libidinal economy of the Army community, but, on the contrary, because the Army community itself relies on a thwarted/disavowed homosexuality as the key component of the soldiers’ male-bonding.

http://libcom.org/library/multiculturism-or-the-cultural-logic-of-multinational-capitalism-zizek
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2012, 12:04:32 PM »

dude, if you had your way, you would trade your junk for something better designed for your desires.  See, when I look at my wife, I think, "Damn, I want that body right now."  But, when you look at her, you probably think, "Damn, wish I had her body right now."  Our remarks may sound the same, but they mean two totally different things.  Tongue

I suppose it might be fun for afflietch, a 27 year old super-fit gym twink, to camp it up at a party dressed as a 40+ Texas housefrau.  But to imagine that he wants a body like that...

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2012, 12:47:33 PM »

I suppose it might be fun for afflietch, a 27 year old super-fit gym twink, to camp it up at a party dressed as a 40+ Texas housefrau.  But to imagine that he wants a body like that...

I left that about 30 pounds ago Wink I powerlift.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2012, 01:00:45 PM »

...afflietch, a 27 year old super-fit gym twink

Well, I suppose that makes my point even pithier, n'est ce pas.  Though I no doubt would've preferred you as a twink.  What are you now, a top?  Next thing you know you'll be getting a tattoo.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2012, 01:08:10 PM »

...afflietch, a 27 year old super-fit gym twink

Well, I suppose that makes my point even pithier, n'est ce pas.  Though I no doubt would've preferred you as a twink.  What are you now, a top?  Next thing you know you'll be getting a tattoo.

I've always topped which seems to be accomodated fairly well with each guy and my current boyfriend. Been told I'm missing out by not bottoming, which I suppose is true in terms of orgasmic intensity, but I live for seeing my partner get completely lost in it.

And I might be getting a tattoo funnily enough, but only if it means something and nothing out of a book.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2012, 01:32:40 PM »

fyi, my wife goes to Gold's Gym 4-5 times a week. 
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2012, 01:33:32 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2012, 01:35:24 PM by consigliere jmfcst »

not according to Chris...but, in anycase, both are equally gross and unseemly
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2012, 02:39:39 PM »

not according to Chris...but, in anycase, both are equally gross and unseemly

If he said such a thing he was probably taking the piss out of you. You have less understanding of such matters than a teenager.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2012, 03:57:07 PM »

If he said such a thing he was probably taking the piss out of you. You have less understanding of such matters than a teenager.

is being a pitcher less unseemly than being a catcher in your eyes (pardon the pun)?  You seem to be adamant to declare yourself a pitcher.

---

to be honest, if I had my wife's body, I would probably never leave the house!  Tongue
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2012, 04:16:33 PM »

is being a pitcher less unseemly than being a catcher in your eyes (pardon the pun)?  You seem to be adamant to declare yourself a pitcher.

---

to be honest, if I had my wife's body, I would probably never leave the house!  Tongue

Not at all. If I was a 'catcher' I would be happy to admit to it. I'm just not. When my sexuality revealed itself out of the ether of childhood the male ass was always enticing, as was everything else from stubble to their smile. Anyway when two men have sex anyone can penetrate. That's the easy bit for most men gay or straight. The hard part is to take it as there is a slight pain before everything relaxes. Bear in mind the prostate; a literal male 'g-spot' is located at the end of the anal passage. When struck it is euphoric (and you have to learn exactly the best position to strike it in if you are a considerate lover Wink ) and makes for an intense orgasm so I miss out on that feeling.

Women are also learning about the joys to be had and are beginning to learn how to massage that area in their lovers either externally or internally (if both are adventurous)
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2012, 07:20:12 PM »

Too much info, bro
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2012, 09:08:00 PM »

What do you mean, you'd be afraid of getting raped cause you'd be so hot, or you'd have to stay at home and.. ehem.. enjoy yourself, if you see what I mean?
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2012, 06:38:20 PM »

I may not remember the early 90's, but I can understand what your talking about.

I'm going on a lam and say the first gay male athlete to come out while playing will be in the MLS.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies