Question for those who remember the early 1990's (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:49:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Question for those who remember the early 1990's (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question for those who remember the early 1990's  (Read 4627 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 24, 2012, 11:01:21 AM »

Did you think by the time we got to 2012 there would be an out gay active athlete in one of the 4 major team sports in North America?

Why on earth would I have pondered such a thing?

Though, there was an 1986 TV movie with Scott Baio called The Truth About Alex.  Baio is the QB and his best friend and star wide-receiver Alex Prager is a closet gay who gets caught flirting with a man in a restaurant bathroom.  When word spreads that there is a "fag" (movie's language, not mine, of course) in the looker room all hell breaks loose and Baio’s hot girlfriend begins to question whether she is being served “tainted beef” (my language, not the movie’s) and also if she is “No 1 or No 2” (her language, not mine).

Famous line from the movie:

Coach (film session of previous game, asking gay receiver Alex Prager a question shortly after word has leaked out to some members of the team):  “Prager, why did you miss that block?”

Wide, burly Linebacker (out loud in front of the whole team and coaching staff):  “Because, he’s a f****t!”

---

Lesson: an open gay in the locker room just would not be good for team cohesion.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 12:47:47 PM »

Found the Movie!

Part 1/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILdzwB7ruK0&feature=relmfu

Part 2/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZBFA6IJsW8

Part 3/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz8yxsm4T3I&feature=relmfu

Part 4/4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhbriLrDNwg&feature=relmfu

---

here's the part where he is outted in front of the team:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILdzwB7ruK0#t=13m14s

here's the part where Baio's girlfriend asked if she is No 1 or No 2 in line for his Johnson.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz8yxsm4T3I#t=4m57s
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 01:05:01 PM »

don't show Naso this movie, it has a bunch of girls with mid-80's hairdos...he might start taking off his clothes again.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 01:23:20 PM »

Lesson: an open gay in the locker room just would not be good for team cohesion.

Indeed, Gareth Thomas - who plays one of the girliest sports there is - certainly proved this.

who?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 01:49:09 PM »

Funny, you're an IT consultant* or somesuch, and yet you've never heard of Google or Wikipedia?  They came in handy for me after afleitch mentioned his name here.

* Who uses Internet Explorer, and has his OS set to look like Windows 95, as I recall.

yo, every Fortune 100 company I have worked at, and that's close to 2 dozen of them, has their desktop appearance set to Windows Classic style, regardless of which version of Windows they're using.  And, yes, I could have looked him up, but if I haven't heard of him, then he probably isn't an...

...athlete in one of the 4 major team sports in North America...
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 01:51:31 PM »
« Edited: April 24, 2012, 01:58:04 PM by consigliere jmfcst »

Isn't the lesson that having bigots on the team is bad for team cohesion?

No, the lesson is:  if you're making a movie advocating pro-gay issues, then you better play the victim by sticking to the issue of bigotry, cause you certainly can't use the issue of morality.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 01:58:29 PM »

where is Naso?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 04:05:39 PM »

Funny, you're an IT consultant* or somesuch, and yet you've never heard of Google or Wikipedia?  They came in handy for me after afleitch mentioned his name here.

* Who uses Internet Explorer, and has his OS set to look like Windows 95, as I recall.

missed that dig...how exactly is using IE contrary to being an IT consultant?  The last client I had which used a browser other than IE was way back in the mid-90's during the days of Netscape.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 04:17:09 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if within a decade, high-schools will not allow students to object to showering with gays.

The forced public acceptance of homosexual has to happen.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 04:40:33 PM »

Why would someone comfortable in their sexuality object to showering with gays?

Oh, I know, the problem is with me, right?  Dude, it has nothing to do with being comfortable in your sexuality - I don't want to shower with ugly women either.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 04:52:53 PM »

Well yeah the problem is with you. I've never heard anyone say, even off handedly that they wouldn't want to shower with me. I gym four days a week and shower each time. I can assure you it's the self declared straights who tend to shoot a glance at my ample junk.

dude, if you had your way, you would trade your junk for something better designed for your desires.  See, when I look at my wife, I think, "Damn, I want that body right now."  But, when you look at her, you probably think, "Damn, wish I had her body right now."  Our remarks may sound the same, but they mean two totally different things.  Tongue

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 01:32:40 PM »

dude, if you had your way, you would trade your junk for something better designed for your desires.  See, when I look at my wife, I think, "Damn, I want that body right now."  But, when you look at her, you probably think, "Damn, wish I had her body right now."  Our remarks may sound the same, but they mean two totally different things.  Tongue
This is one of the more retarded things I have ever read.

I suppose it might be fun for afflietch, a 27 year old super-fit gym twink, to camp it up at a party dressed as a 40+ Texas housefrau.  But to imagine that he wants a body like that...

fyi, my wife goes to Gold's Gym 4-5 times a week. 
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 01:33:32 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2012, 01:35:24 PM by consigliere jmfcst »

not according to Chris...but, in anycase, both are equally gross and unseemly
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 03:57:07 PM »

If he said such a thing he was probably taking the piss out of you. You have less understanding of such matters than a teenager.

is being a pitcher less unseemly than being a catcher in your eyes (pardon the pun)?  You seem to be adamant to declare yourself a pitcher.

---

to be honest, if I had my wife's body, I would probably never leave the house!  Tongue
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2012, 07:20:12 PM »

Too much info, bro
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies