Opinion of the Christian side hug (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:26:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Opinion of the Christian side hug (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
Freedom hug

Horrible hug

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 13

Author Topic: Opinion of the Christian side hug  (Read 8099 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: April 23, 2012, 10:00:53 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_side_hug
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 02:44:17 PM »

ok, this is weirding me out...don't these people have more productive things to do?

It's more productive than bashing gays, at least.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 03:03:52 PM »

ok, this is weirding me out...don't these people have more productive things to do?
It's more productive than bashing gays, at least.

are you offended by the bible, as are many posters on this forum?

Seeing as I'm a Christian?  No.  I just don't see how religiously influenced bigotry is any different from regular bigotry.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 03:20:55 PM »

Seeing as I'm a Christian?  No.  I just don't see how religiously influenced bigotry is any different from regular bigotry.

have you submitted your dissertation regarding biblical boundaries for sexual activity for review, yet? I would like to know when you believe God broadened the context of proper sexual activity to include homosexuality.

The way God made them, of course.  I would like to know when you believe God permitted you to look down on people for their own nature.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 03:37:23 PM »

The way God made them, of course.  I would like to know when you believe God permitted you to look down on people for their own nature.

thank you, I am free now...and to think all this time I was led to believe Jesus died in order to do away with the nature I was born with as a result of the fall of man.

I thought I was born unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. I did not understand what I did. For what I wanted to do I do not do, but what I hated, I did.  And if I did what I do not want to do, I thought that the bible was correct and good.  As it was, I thought it was no longer I myself who do it, but it was sin living in me.  I thought that nothing good lived in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I had the desire to do what is good, but I thought I could not carry it out. For what I did is not the good I wanted to do; no, the evil I did not want to do—that I kept on doing. And I thought that if I did what I do not want to do, it was no longer I who did it, but it is sin living in me that did it.

Thank you for explaining the desires I was born with are good, and that I should want to do the things I previously did not want to do.  Now, I know longer have need of a bible.  I am free to deceive and justify myself to my own content.

Thank you for totally taking my words out of context and being a snob about it.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 04:00:59 PM »

Well, how else do you want me to approach your justification of the sinful nature by arguing "they were born that way??  Do you want me to commend you?

Being born with a desire does NOT make it right in the eyes of God.  What do you think terms like "renewing of your mind", "born again", "new creation", "dead to sin", "walk in the newness of life", etc...are talking about?  They're obviously referring to putting away of the sinful nature you were born with.

Oh, please.  The evidence that the Bible even condemns homosexuality is dubious at best.  It was likely mistranslated and misinterpreted over the centuries.  Personally, I think Christ is accepting of a person's nature so long as you are living by His message.  But seeing as how you're using religion to justify holding bigoted beliefs, I see it would be a waste of time trying to convince you otherwise.

You win the thread (and possibly the whole board)

You win the thread (and possibly the whole board)

Thank you.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 04:24:42 PM »
« Edited: April 24, 2012, 04:28:22 PM by Senator Scott »

Oh, please.  The evidence that the Bible even condemns homosexuality is dubious at best.

How so?  Every time it mention same-sex sex (prior to the Law of Moses, during the Law of Moses, and into the NT), it is being condemned.

---

It was likely mistranslated and misinterpreted over the centuries.[/quotes]

And you have evidence of this, even though we have copies in several different languages that date back thousands of years?

---

Personally, I think Christ is accepting of a person's nature so long as you are living by His message.

How can you live by his message without putting to death the nature you were born with?!

Rom 8:8 "Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God."

Looks like your idea is directly refuted.  But, of course, scripture has all the arguments covered.

---

But seeing as how you're using religion to justify holding bigoted beliefs, I see it would be a waste of time trying to convince you otherwise.

Yep, I have many bigoted beliefs – I hate idolatry, witchcraft, sexual immorality, lying, stealing, murder, jealously, envy, etc, etc, etc.

So, say hello to the bigot.

According to my interpretation, Christ's message was to love one another, do not commit acts that result in the harm of others, and put feelings of the love in the place of feelings of lust.  You can disguise bigotry as adhering to the Lord; it is still bigotry, nonetheless.  Your interpretation is what I believe- according to my faith- a distorted one.  That is why trying to change the hearts and minds of people with a religiously influenced hatred of things is practically a waste; people always stand by their faith.  And frankly, I'm tired of you taking my words out of context and bringing up things that have nothing to do with the discussion.

Anyway, I'll just leave this here.  The last time I tried convincing someone to have a loving attitude toward gays on here, the thread pretty much went to hell.

Or perhaps you might prefer another option.

Either way, I shall assure you that my ignore list is a very comfortable place.  Enjoy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies