April 24 (NY, PA, CT, RI, DE) Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:35:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  April 24 (NY, PA, CT, RI, DE) Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: April 24 (NY, PA, CT, RI, DE) Results Thread  (Read 9473 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: April 24, 2012, 06:53:03 PM »

First of all, thank you for the links, Tender.

Are you actually going to be staying awake for this, Tender? I certainly won't be...

I'm going to be watching Murphy/Kane, because I loathe Kane!
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 08:00:50 PM »

Mittens is winning the church counties in PA.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 09:08:34 PM »

Mittens is winning the church counties in PA.

Not surprising.  It's not like Romney has been being killed among "church-goers" in general, considering that's the vast majority of the Republican electorate.  Evangelical Christians have always been his toughest category, and they've never had any deep love for Santorum or Gingrich, especially in the North.

It's very non-Mormon and it is Pennstucky.  These are fairly close to the southern Evangelicals.  There are probably a little more Catholics.

If Romney is becoming defaultive, which he clearly is, it's no shock he's winning demographics where he was hardly getting trounced to begin with.  This race has never been divided in the way that the 2008 Democratic Primary was, and only approaches that level of absolute polarization in parts of the Deep South.
[/quote]
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 11:18:16 PM »

In PA, Romney worst county was Juniata, at 46%,  There were three counties grouped together northwest of Harrisburg and on the west bank of the Susquehanna (an area of major interest to me).

His best counties were Montgomery and Bucks, at 67%.  Ironically, while Fulton, IIRC, has a higher percentage Mormon population than any county in PA, Mittens had 50%.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies